Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Getting 4 wheel alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting 4 wheel alignment

Okay Dallas/Ft.Worth cb7's. I have a major problem. I just completed repair work in which I had to tamper with my suspension components to complete. My problem is my alignment is completely out of wack and that my wagon is dropped 2.0/2.25 and I can't get any to do an alignment for me now. Laminick, where I use to go, in Garland,Tx told me that they don't do lowered cars anymore. Claims too many problems. Does anyone know of a place that you don't have to hassle to get this done. I can't get my inspection,registration, or 5 spd swap done until I get this done. Any leads would be nice.

Also did anyone have to remove their body kit in order to have a shop do it. My kit makes my car look alot lower than what it is. Clearance is like 2.5" w/kit but like 4-5" without kit.
    91 Ex CB9
    JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
    p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
    Weight Reductions
    R33 or R34 front end

Originally posted by flight50
    Okay Dallas/Ft.Worth cb7's. I have a major problem. I just completed repair work in which I had to tamper with my suspension components to complete. My problem is my alignment is completely out of wack and that my wagon is dropped 2.0/2.25 and I can't get any to do an alignment for me now. Laminick, where I use to go, in Garland,Tx told me that they don't do lowered cars anymore. Claims too many problems. Does anyone know of a place that you don't have to hassle to get this done. I can't get my inspection,registration, or 5 spd swap done until I get this done. Any leads would be nice.

Also did anyone have to remove their body kit in order to have a shop do it. My kit makes my car look alot lower than what it is. Clearance is like 2.5" w/kit but like 4-5" without kit.

Don't know where you can get the work done in Dallas/Ft.Worth area. I do take off my skirts and front lip anytime it need to be in the shop. Good luck man

Comment

okay. yeah i think thats what i will end up having to do. before i added my kit i use to go to firestone, i have the lifetime alignment thingy they have. i haven't been since 03. but some shop will probaby still act funny. without my kit my car should easily go up on any shops ramps. how low is your car with and without your kit.
      91 Ex CB9
      JDM h22 auto swap, now w/H23 5spd conversion, short ram intake w/K&N filter, DC ceramic header, 2.25" custom catback exhaust, AMR Engineering coilovers, 205/50/16's Enkei RS5's, front slotted rotors, Xenon body kit.

W.I.P.
      p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
      Weight Reductions
      R33 or R34 front end

Comment

were they afraid that by going on the lift it might damage those body parts or something?

Comment

Whenever you find out a place man let me know, I live by cedar hill/duncanville. I will probably be lowering my car soon, but i figured any normal shop would do it such as NTB or.... pepboys?

Comment

iv never been able to drive onto anything... not even into jiffy lube lol

find someone who uses the pads u drive onto, they dont work quite as good but they do the job
            91 lx h22 ftw!!!1!!one!!

lsd is wonderful

Comment

yeah i think it boils down to if they want to bother with it. i figure any shop can do it. some can just be di$ks about it. now if i take off my front lip and side shirts there shouldn't be any problems with doing it. it would be about the same height as a new Z06. i will removing my lip kit this upcoming weekend and taking it to firestone or pepboys. i can't drive too far because it is completely messed up. so i have to kinda go somewhere local for the time being.

i haven't been able to go onto many ramps either. places that it does is ones they do work that i don't see and the bottom my scrape be luckily i have the urthane xenon kit so its flexible and doesn't damage. but apuforyou i will let you know of my results.
              Last edited by flight50; 11-13-2006, 02:18 PM.
              91 Ex CB9

W.I.P.
              p72 ecu on Hondata

To Come
              Weight Reductions
              R33 or R34 front end

Comment

Working...
              X