Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swap question

i currently have a 93 10th A.E and this summer i put in a JDM 2.0si single cam motor. The motor works flawless except for the surging i have every now and then. I have had a ton ofelectrical issues with the car and i keep finding burnt interior harness wires. So i have decided to dump it. I have access to a 97 CD5 (Accord LX auto) and i want to put the 2.0si motor in it. I was told by the guy that i bought it from that it won't work. Is this true? Has anyone done this swap? I was thinking all i really had to swap was the intake & exhaust manifolds & possibly swap oil pumps so that i can hook up the crank position sensor.

Anyone??

Its not really worth it to tell you the truth to swap over the 2.0 Si motor. The CD5 already has a decent f22b2 in there.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

anything that fits in a 4th gen honda accord should go into a 5th gen accord with minimal modification.
      spin city

Comment

^^^^x2^^^^

Comment

well i know the motor in the 97 is good its just that it is worn out and leaking from everywhere.

I just wanted to know if it could go into 97 and be a good reliable daily driver.
          So far all i have heard is that it is totally different and won't bolt up properly

Comment

Why not step it up to a dual cam? You'd be able to join the DOHC Crew. Current number of members: 1 (me). Hopefully more peepz with DOHC motors will join.
            Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
            *RIP*
            1993 Accord EX Coupe
            1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
            1993 Accord EX Coupe
            Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
            JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
            I love it when VTEC kicks in!
            vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

the only reason i haven't stepped up to the DOHC side is because i just want an economical daily driver. If i wasn't building my GSR i would build this into a stunner but right now i just want something to get back & forth to work. I just bought this 2.0 and i like it for its fuel economy

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                Why not step it up to a dual cam? You'd be able to join the DOHC Crew. Current number of members: 1 (me). Hopefully more peepz with DOHC motors will join.
                I Wanna Join May I??? lol

Comment

Originally posted by 91 H23 Accord
                  I Wanna Join May I??? lol
                  Yes you can!!! Excellent! Now we are 2 members strong. Who's next?

Well...I get about the same MPG on my H22A. My MPG goes down when I start pushing it into VTEC. Just leave the H22A stock. It's very reliable. And you get a little kick out of it.
                  *RIP*
                  1993 Accord EX Coupe
                  1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                  1993 Accord EX Coupe

Comment

i don't want an H22 or H23 i just want to be able to use the motor that i have already purchased for my 93 Accord 10th A.E in my 97 Accord LX
                    is there anyone who has done it

Comment

what motor is it that you wanna use? It should say the motor code on the front of the block.
                      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by APEX i GSR
                        i don't want an H22 or H23 i just want to be able to use the motor that i have already purchased for my 93 Accord 10th A.E in my 97 Accord LX
                        is there anyone who has done it
                        Sorry man...I'm just trying to help.

97 Accord is OBD2 and the F20 is OBD1. To me it would be the same as swapping in an OBD1 H23 into an OBD2 Accord. Do a search for OBD1 engine swaps to an OBD2 car. I think you use the OBD2 engine harness on the engine and you will have to get an ecu OBD2 to OBD1 harness. You probably will not find alot of people doing an f20 swap into a 97+ Accord because its not worth the hassle. Your best bet is to research an OBD1 H23 swap into a 97+ Accord.
                        *RIP*
                        1993 Accord EX Coupe
                        1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                        1993 Accord EX Coupe

Comment

Working...