Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheel Alignments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Alignments?

So I am going to take my rims off and put the steelies back on for the winter. Do I need an alignment? Also probably in March, I will put the other rims on do I have to get another alignment for them too? Thanks

No, the wheels have nothing to do with the alignment. If it is in alignment now it will still be after the wheel changes.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

Exactly. The only issue you'll notice regarding wheels and alignment is that wider wheels will generally be affected more by a poor alignment. The alignment that killed the tires on my 17x7.5" wheels did almost nothing to the tires on my stock alloys. Wider tires seem to wear faster when the alignment isn't perfect (this goes for negative camber as well)

Comment

alignment

what all does an alinment consist of do they move the tie rod ends or what else might be adjusted besides adjustable ball joints?
        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by capman86
          what all does an alinment consist of do they move the tie rod ends or what else might be adjusted besides adjustable ball joints?
          Thanks!
          On a stock suspension setup, the tie rod ends are the only adjustment.

With an aftermarket kit, camber is adjustable through either the upper ball joint or anchor bolts.

I haven't seen any caster adjustments for the CB7; anyone know if they exist?
          Michael

Comment

good question...

i was wondering about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Lynk
              I haven't seen any caster adjustments for the CB7; anyone know if they exist?
              Yes, on the front only, caster is adjusted by changing the length of the radius rods that go from the LCA to the front crossmember. The toe can be adjusted on the rear also, not just the front. And of course, camber is not adjustable on most/all stock Honda suspensions, but a service employee @ the Honda dealer tried to tell me otherwise LOL

Comment

It may be worth while if its never had an alignment. But as others said, tires won't affect it. Although when I switched on my 185s from my 205s, the misalignment felt worse. Put the winter tires on...if it doesn't feel right, then look into an alignment.

A four-wheel alignment made my CB feel like a new car No steering wheel movement, almost no vibration (even when braking, which I originally thought was wrapped rotors), much more neutral steering, tracks straight, and can generally can be driven with one finger. Much more confident driving it. I highly recommend a four-wheel alignment. Local dealership does front-end only for $50, and for another $20 does four wheel.
                Last edited by Otto; 12-13-2006, 01:50 AM.
                Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Thank you, Granite! BTW, salesmen will try anything to put those bill in their pocket.
                  Michael

Comment

what about tire size?

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
                      what about tire size?
                      Technically speaking, a wheel alignment is really meant to set the planar angle of the hub's face. The procedure is called a "wheel alignment" because measurements are taken from the wheel. Theorhetically, an alignment is possible on a car without wheels, it just so happens that wheels serve as the easiest way to load the car's suspension with its own weight; makes sense, right?

All that said, if you don't change the ride height of your car, and you keep your tires matched, then your modification doesn't require an alignment.
                      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                        actually they say you should get a wheel alignment everytime you change either your tires, or wheels!!

its good practice to get a wheel alignment..

i have it done at least twice a year!
                        well, i did a tire change a few days after an alignment and the tires are smaller than before --koo?

i hear you get an alignment every 6 months or every 2 oil changes (typically)

Be Clean

Comment

if you wanna spend 80$ every 6 months on somthing thats completly useless, go ahead and waste your money

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                            if you went with a smaller wheel size, then yea you should get a wheel alignment..
                            This is complete nonsense. Wheel and tire size don't matter one bit!
                            Michael

Comment

If the car shakes when you put them on I would just get them balanced and if hat does not work get an alginmet sp

Comment

Working...
                              X