Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wanna know what clutch u use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanna know what clutch u use

wasup yall looking 4 a new clutch. i know there r many different brands of clutches out there. iam currently using a exedy stage one clutch and act pro light fly wheel on my built h23. prob is i burnt it out at 15,000 miles so now i want to get a little feed back from yall on witch clutch yall prefer before i buy a new one

heard the XTD stage 2's and stuff arent bad at all.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i've got XTD stage 3 and am pretty happy with it. Albeit, i've got a turbo and about 250lbs wtqu...not sure if your built h23 will make that...but for a performance application i'd get the stage 3. Driveability is fine if you ask me. Very slight learning curve...and slight clutch chatter..but slight and only sometimes.
      Mark

Comment

ACT
        HA3-HDSS
        and Streetlite XACT Flywheel (600190)

No Problems
        Bean Town Crew Member #3
        Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
        "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

I like the ACT HDSS also.

They are pricey, but they pretty much drive like an OEM clutch with a lot of clamping power.

The HDSS (Heavy duty pressure plate, street/strip clutch disk) is good to about 300 lb/ft.

If you upgrade to the extreme pressure plate, this same disk is good to nearly 500lb/ft.

It is a sprung hub, so it is easy to engage, and the pedal pressure is about the same as stock. Just a little firmer.

I have never had one chatter or not last, so I am happy with them.

Usually, you get what you pay for.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

XTD Stage 3 here. I had to go for what I could afford, but for a clutch that isn't a well known brand, I'm happy with it. I've been beating the piss out of it for a good 10 months now with no problem Running the XTD 12lb flywheel with it.

Comment

random question here.....what is the difference between the stages in the clutch. i have an auto so i have no idea how to even use that extra pedal lol

Comment

clutch specialties 6 puck, with a ACT heavy duty pressure plate...grabs like a mofo

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
                  clutch specialties 6 puck, with a ACT heavy duty pressure plate...grabs like a mofo
                  Thanks man, sorry to thread jack

Comment

The stages don't really mean anything compared to other brands... they just mark the more performance oriented clutches within a brand. My XTD Stage 3 is probably about as good as an Exedy Stage 2. The higher the stage, the more power the clutch should be able to hold, and it often result in harsher engagement. My clutch is actually quite smooth for what it is.

Comment

where do u get this xtd clutch from and how much does this cost. p.s my motor is built to support over 400hp soon as i find the right cluth my next step is turbo

Comment

you can get XTD sets pretty cheap on ebay dude...but i dunno how well they hold

i had a clutch specialties 6 puck kit and it slipped....after i used a ACT pressure plate, the problem was solved.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                        11.68 @ 127mph
                        417whp/375wtq
                        Sold: 8/2016

Comment

i have the XTD stage two on the integra. a great clutch, and a great price.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

XTD stage 2 with 12lbs flywheel.

great price, great quality.

just a word of adviec for everyone and anyone that will be replacing a clutch, break it in properly.

I didnt break mine in at all. I ripped on it the first 5 miles, lol. and now i have chatter, which annoys me really.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i got a exedy stg1 wit a xact prolite flywheel, im very happy wit it!!
                              i use to have a SPEC 3 clutch wit stock flywheel but it didnt last long 1 year only paid$$$$ for it, not worth it grabbed really good but didnt last long
                              ACCORDEX92
                              CHICAGO,IL

H22A ACCORD

Comment

Working...
                              X