Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

12:1compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12:1compression

i HAVE BUILT A 40 OVER AND 12:1 COMP ENGINE AND AM GETTING A LOT OF VALVE RATTLE I HAVE A 272 DELTA REGRIND AND TONS AND TONS OF OTHER BOLT ON SHIT MORE THAN I CAN SHAKE A STICK AT BUT WHAt can i do about the rattle and i wont idle it will for just a sec then it starts idling crazy up and down then dies it only started idling like that after i put the cam in
    need h23 head

i need help
    need h23 head

Comment

it will idle perfect for like a few secs u know like it should with it having a cam but them i just goes crazy and dies
      need h23 head

Comment

what ya got for tuning boy

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I can barely understand what you typed there...

Are you sure it's the valves making the noise? Are you running a stock valvetrain? If so, you may have damaged something. With a cam like the 727, with lots of lift and duration, paired with domed high compression pistons (how about the head? Milled?) you may have had some piston to valve contact. Check your compression. If you damaged a valve even slightly, it would probably make noise. It would definitely kill idle... and it would certainly show lower compression in one cylinder. Even if you do have an upgraded valvetrain, that still may be the issue. The SOHC setup can be dangerous if you don't take all things into consideration.

Other things to consider would be your distributor. Perhaps your rotor is loose or damaged. It's a stupid thing, but it WOULD rattle and make your idle suck.

Comment

did you reset the valve lash after the cam install
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

did you reset the valve lash after the cam install, if it starts and then dies i bet you didnt
              fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                did you reset the valve lash after the cam install, if it starts and then dies i bet you didnt
                no its not the valves hitting the pistons comp has been checked and yes i adjusted the valve lash when i installed the cam it only rattles under a load like a hill or when i get on it hard but it doesnt do it when the ignition timing is retarded
                as for the idling problem it started about two days after i installed the cam it will idle for a few secs then idles up to about 2k then to like 500 up and down the dies
                need h23 head

Comment

mine did the same shit untill i retarded the cam 4 degrees then idled smooth

R.I.P.

Comment

well i just got a adj cam gear maybe it will help me with my prob to thanx man ill install tom and try it thanx for all tha help
                    need h23 head

Comment

i didnt even ask was it the idling prob or the valve rattle that retardind the cam corrected so how many degrees retarded is the cam because the stock cam timing is acutualy 5degrees before top dead center so should i retard it to -9 degrees or -4
                      need h23 head

Comment

ing 15* +2-2*
                        cam 4* retarded from 0*

R.I.P.

Comment

that is stock ing timing are you sure that i shout run that high of timing with 12:1 comp

Comment

please say it's not on pump gas.

Umm... you aren't running a 12:1 engine on pump gas are you? It sounds to me like you are experiencing massive detonation. You will need to go to your local speed shop and purchase race gas (probably 112 octane or better) for this engine to run properly. retarding the timing and adding some octane boost will let the car run, but you will definitely realize huge gains in power with race gas and proper advancement of the timing. Timing settings will also depend on how the cam is set up, I would contact the maker of the camshaft for advice. also you will probably want to run cooler spark plugs. Get your cam specs and call NGK for instance, and talk to one of thier tech guys.

p.s. this is probably not the best engine setup for street use (expensive gas) but could be killer at the track! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                              what ya got for tuning boy
                              Well? what is it?
                              spin city

Comment

Working...
                              X