Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what's wrong in the picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's wrong in the picture?

what is wrong with this picture besides the axle broken.

the engine is SLIGHTLY tilt i recongize today. but that amount cant not break my axle that's barely tilts..

steeering rack

it touch the car. but i heard if the boot is broken and it leak. it's still drivable but will steer real hard. can this cause my axle to break?

brand new axle as of 12/03/06.. broke yesterday. piss man..

it even made a small hole in the transmission. heartbroken.

this car dont deserve axle problem.. help!
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Isnt that hole in the transmission just the other end of the broken axle. You should be able to pull that out, for the engine tilting, looks like you need new motor mounts.

Will's Accord

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord
      Isnt that hole in the transmission just the other end of the broken axle. You should be able to pull that out, for the engine tilting, looks like you need new motor mounts.
      I think i see the small hole your talking about now, I dont know man

Will's Accord

Comment

that strut bar looks mega tilted!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Comment

yea that looks wierd, it should never be like that, definately replace ur motor mounts because worn motor mounts can definately cause other problems where u least expect it IE ur axle
          1990 Accord EX Sold
          1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
          1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord
            COuld be that or he needs to reshim the mounts if I remember he did an auto-manual conversion on the car.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yeah i did a auto-manual swap. dawg. that axle hit the transmission and did a hole in it. the if u look at the blue part the radiator frame. it's str8 even. match the strut bar i got. but hey. if the motor mount is bringing the engine up making it tilt. why cant i just lower the bolt on the motor mount till the engine is even out??? how do i know the engine is perfectly straight and even? do i meassure or something? this is the second axle. the orgninial broke exactly the same. now the axle broke. lucky i got 1 year warranty so i dont gotta buy another axle. but i dont wanna keep talkin axle out so much i wanna sell it already
              DEFJAM

Comment

hmm, didnt you weld on the new mount bracket? or did you use a prelude mount? if you used the prelude one, did you add shims to the driver side mount?

btw the tool for measuring if something is level is called a "level" - available anywhere.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

.... okay i dunno what the hell u talkin bout cpmike i guess that's where my problem is. when u say new mount. are u refering to transmission mount? it's a 97 manual tranmission mount. it's not weld on. i drill and tap the tranny to make it fix. i didnt mess with the motor mount at all except loosen it to bring the engine down so i can slide the transmission out. but hey. the tranny mount the bolt doesnt sit perfectly center. i had to stress the mount in order to get the bolt in but it sit in just fine.
                  Last edited by defjamon22z; 12-07-2006, 03:26 PM.
                  DEFJAM

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
                    that strut bar looks mega tilted!
                    the strut bar is straight.. its the engine thats leaning towards the tranny side!!

Last edited by Dom; 12-07-2006, 03:28 PM. Reason: added picture
                    .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by defjamon22z
                      .... okay i dunno what the hell u talkin bout cpmike i guess that's where my problem is. when u say new mount. are u refering to transmission mount? it's a 97 manual tranmission mount. it's not weld on. i drill and tap the tranny to make it fix. i didnt mess with the motor mount at all. but hey. the tranny mount the bolt doesnt sit perfectly center. i had to stress the mount in order to get the bolt in but it sit in just fine.
                      well believe it or not its a well known issue that the motor wont sit level and theres potential of breaking axles when using the prelude mount to convert. its also mentioned everywhere that to compensate, you need to add shims/washers to the driver side motor mount.

if you put a piece of wood and a jack under the oil pan ( to hold the motor), remove the main cross bolt out of the front motor mount. you can then remove the driver side mount. stack up 1/2" worth of washers on the stud, as well as on the second hole that the second bolt goes through. then put the moutn back on. the front mount bolt wont go in perfectly, youll have to jack up the front of the motor a bit to get it to line up.

doing this will hold the driver side of the motor a bit lower, so its level, so the axle wont keep breaking...

is your crank pulley rubbing on the side of the engine bay?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

ohhh btw i cant even make a hard turn since i installed it underwise it woulda POP out.. and while the axle was fix. when i reverse out of the driveway and make a turn sometimes my steering wheel would feel lose like the power steering is working i dunno if it's slipperage on the axle or wuteva like the distance of the axle from the rotor to the transmission is too long. that the axle cant make sharp turn it would pop out maybe.
                        DEFJAM

Comment

i took some picture of the pulley rite now. but i'm having trouble getting on this laptop. i'ma send it thru another computer in the other room. brb.
                          DEFJAM

Comment

DEFJAM

Comment

this is the passenger side where the axle is broken. the radius rod is connect but not similiar like the driver side. i lost the boot since i had to clean up cuz my parent was bitchin i throw everything in the bucket. and also i threw it out last time cuz i thought it was done and perfect the orginial axle broke cuz i never install the radius rod back on.. like i never put the bolt back on it was just sitting in there. i went and bought a shock absorber (spell check) and put it in. tighten it but it went a lil farther down the thread. i guess i need one more shock absorber? i do not wanna go all the way 20 miles to the junkyard again so i just walk 3 blocks to auto discount part for anything that was rubber and fit. here s a picture of the passenger side.

the driver side.. UNTOUCH
                              DEFJAM

Comment

Working...
                              X