Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bent valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bent valve

OK so when my timing belt broke it bent an exhaust valve in the #4 cylinder.....it runs like tick tick tick...pop pop pop pop.....i am going to the junkyard today to look for a head on a wrecked accord(wrecked=running when crashed usually)...should i just get a head like the one on my car lx accord....or should i get an EX head..will the ex head/manifold bolt on with no mods? any help is well appreciated!!!
    D-series.org

you should go EX head if you can find one it bolts right up but if you wanted to use it youll have to wire up the IABS if you use the EX intake mani.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

OK, so everything else will bolt up....i can lock the IABs open until i wire them up....but everything will directly bolt up right? i dont want to go get a head that will require a lot of prep to bolt on....head gasket? which to use?
      D-series.org

Comment

Originally posted by toddnos
        OK, so everything else will bolt up....i can lock the IABs open until i wire them up....but everything will directly bolt up right? i dont want to go get a head that will require a lot of prep to bolt on....head gasket? which to use?
        all f heads and manifolds are directly swappable. they also used the same headgasket. take an EX head (92-93) and manifold, as well as the PT6 ECU

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thanks for the advise....my freinds think im opening a can of worms swapping the ex head /mani and ecu/IABs.....
          D-series.org

Comment

lol i love that saying... "can of worms"

i wish i could find the head off an EX but a DX is better than not having a CB7.

Comment

If youre gonna pull the head off the engine sit aside and get you a h23 head. Just seems likea good opportunity for enhancement...your car will love you for it..

Comment

Originally posted by IBCNYA
                If youre gonna pull the head off the engine sit aside and get you a h23 head. Just seems likea good opportunity for enhancement...your car will love you for it..
                i dont have time or money to waste..i pulled an ex head out of a wrecked accord today payed 48 bucks. gonna just slap it in tomorrow.
                D-series.org

Comment

when we were taking off everything to remove the head, we noticed my o2 sensor has a cut wire...and my radiator has a leak.....more$$$$$ to spend...geez. I really should be replacing the water pump and replacing all the seals too....but this motor is so old i dont know were to draw the line...and i havnt had a car for a week now.
                  D-series.org

Comment

Originally posted by toddnos
                    when we were taking off everything to remove the head, we noticed my o2 sensor has a cut wire...and my radiator has a leak.....more$$$$$ to spend...geez. I really should be replacing the water pump and replacing all the seals too....but this motor is so old i dont know were to draw the line...and i havnt had a car for a week now.

hahaha there in lies where the black hole of the automotive industries rules. Nothing last forever unfortuantly, honda's do die sometimes, see if u can find a good rad in the junker or something, ive found a couple but i never needed them so i left them in the Junkyard haha. all the dizzies however disapear like hotcakes. , just get O2 from junkyard hahah, small enough to fit in pockets lol or just rewire it with some solder. its like $400 to replace Tbelt, waterpump and everything to boot, well thats from my mechanic anyways
                    1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                    Originally posted by yeamans17
                    you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

the ordeal is over....for the moment....I found a good ex head at the junkyard, and bought a replacement radiator...still need an O2 sensor though.
                      The car seems to have a little more power..im still babying it as its the first day ive drivin it since the head swap...BTW i bent all the exhaust valves on my other head when the timing belt let go....anyone know the differences with the EX head, compared to the LX head?
                      D-series.org

Comment

EX head comes equipped with a better cam, better intake manifold and better exhaust manifold i beleive

Comment

i only swapped the head...i wonder how much different the cam is..the car feels different.
                          D-series.org

Comment

said cam is to be about 8-10 horsepower, not occurate, but around there
                            Members Ride

Comment

^The EX cam is slightly more aggressive, but I'm not sure about the 8-10 hp difference Using the EX cam and both manifolds will yield the best results.

Comment

Working...
                              X