Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help and asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help and asap

Ok hey guys i new to the cb7 family and my step dad says my car has a junk motor. I have a f22a1 stock everthing it won't start cause i think the spark plugs are bad. I'm 14 so money is tight. Any ways my step dad says it has no power and it's a waste of money (i think he's full of shit). He only says this cause he grew up with the big motors and shit.Right now he has 2 chevelles. One is a 1967 chevelle ss with a 396 4 barrel and his other one is a 1969 chevelle malibu with a 327. I told dim that if i get a turbo and an intake kit with a greddy exhuast it would be a totaly different ball game. He still thinks that i'm full of and and calls my car junk. guys i need some help with everything. I know how to do shit to the engine but i just don't have the money. I need the cheapest shit but still at the top of the game.And the sound system i wanna have hooked up after christmas and get my car over to my dads so i can drive through my hometown with a permit or license and look at people and go

lmao.
    14? you a funny kid
    you made my day,thanks.
    welcome to the site tough.
    Last edited by MR.PHIL; 12-16-2006, 08:33 PM.

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

Sounds like you have answered all your questions. Sounds like you have no money so your pretty much just dreaming.

Turbo and intake system? obvious dont know what you are talking about...

You cant even buy spark plugs? seriously go to a dance or something. Have fun your only 14.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

yo dude my family are multi millionares i just got suspended for possesion so i have no money other wise i would be rollin in money ok and wtf is this shit give me some support and i hate fucking dances god damn alot of people on here are 14 years old i mean one of you has primer still on there car god damn.

Comment

he he....hahahahaha. honestly, if your family is millionaires (sorry, multi-), why don't you just get like a brand new accord? No point in dumping more money into a car then the car is worth if its not even running :/. And you got suspended from what? School? Possession in my school is expulsion but w/e : /, must be a lax school.
          (\__/)
          (O.o )
          (> < )

1991 Accord Ex Coupe:
          -RAI, New(ish) cylinder head, high power alternator (wtf )
          -Exhaust tip
          -DIY PCV Filter
          -DIY Oem Taillights
          Umm, yeah, my car needs some T L C

People I've Purchased From: Kmart64,Yeamans17, (yournamehere )

Comment

dude, i am 17,not a millionare, but all the shit done to my car was paid mostly by me, look, i have worked my ass off for this shit and done everything myself, do some research on here before asking all these questions, if you don't have money get a job and buy your shit just like everybody else,
            Members Ride

Comment

ladies and gentlemen! looks like we got an Ethug....

this is why 14 year olds arent allowed to drive

Comment

lol @ ethug
                (\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < )

1991 Accord Ex Coupe:
                -RAI, New(ish) cylinder head, high power alternator (wtf )
                -Exhaust tip
                -DIY PCV Filter
                -DIY Oem Taillights
                Umm, yeah, my car needs some T L C

People I've Purchased From: Kmart64,Yeamans17, (yournamehere )

Comment

thank alot guys alot of support i've done my reaserch and i need some help on what to pick alright god damn i'm no fucking ethug god damn

Comment

i'm trying to do the best i can with the cards i've been delt ok you guys just give me some slack alright i'll keep yeah posted just give me some time alright

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wrestler360
                      thank alot guys alot of support i've done my reaserch and i need some help on what to pick alright god damn i'm no fucking ethug god damn
                      then you should know what it takes. Dont go Aiming me dumbshit, seriously. I have more important things to do.

Wheres the proof? that oxymoron you stated earlyer?

I need the cheapest shit but still at the top of the game.
                      This is like sparkle when he was 14...

no money= no power

Comment

come on guys cut the guy some slack.

dreams.... you've gotta start somewhere right?

if the battery is dead, you could prolly take it to autozone where they could check it for you and maybe give it a little charge. as for spark plugs, pull them out and look at the electrode end of it to see how bad it is maybe the battery is dead that's why you aren't getting a spark.

Comment

did the motor turn over?
                          spin city

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                            then you should know what it takes. Dont go Aiming me dumbshit, seriously. I have more important things to do.

Wheres the proof? that oxymoron you stated earlyer?

This is like sparkle when he was 14...

no money= no power
                            LOL burn!!! haha. Exactly what stumps me if your family is so rich why dont they buy you a newer car lol.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Juan, be nice...

If you get a turbo, you don't need an intake. If you get a turbo, any Greddy exhaust made for the Accord will be WAY too small. If you get a turbo, you're going to blow your motor up without reinforcing the insides (Honda motors aren't made for turbo).

Stop throwing around names like Brian O'Connor and learn a thing or two.

The first thing you need to do is calm down and read. Learn. You're 14. In ANY state in this country, you won't be allowed to drive for at least another 2 years. Take that time to learn about your car (unless your multimillion dollar family is going to buy you a new Ferrari when you turn 16). Save any money you can, if you're serious. Once you KNOW what you need to do (be respectful here and we'll gladly help you) you can start buying the right parts. A proper turbo system is going to cost you $3000 or more. A properly built motor is going to cost at least that, after parts and labor. Tuning is going to cost a good amount as well! Then you'll need to upgrade other important things, like brakes, tires, axles, radiator, fuel pump, etc...

If your dad has a modified Chevelle SS, he's absolutely right. To make your car anywhere near as powerful would cost you about $15,000.

With a turbo H22 motor, properly built, your car is capable of over 600hp. However, it IS a FWD car, which limits things greatly. If you want to drive your car on the street, 350whp is about all you need. Any more is quite dangerous (that much is even fairly dangerous... my car puts down about half that, and at full acceleration on normal streets it can wrestle itself out of control).

Finally, to get to the car itself... If the spark plugs are bad, there's something else wrong. If they're black, it's getting too much fuel. If they're wet, you have an oil leak (and you'll also be blowing blue smoke). If they're white and cracked, you're running way too lean and probably have internal damage.
                              Chances are, it's NOT the plugs. Plugs rarely "go bad" on our cars. They get fouled by other causes (like those mentioned above).
                              First, make sure your engine isn't seized. To test to be sure, pull all the spark plugs, put the front wheels in the air, and turn the crank pulley counter clockwise. If it won't turn, there's your problem. Bad motor. If it turns, read on.
                              If it won't start, check the battery and grounds. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. Make sure all wires are not broken or corroded.
                              If it still won't start, try changing the main relay (located under the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel... a bitch to get at. Search on Google to see what it looks like). If replacing that doesn't fix anything, check the distributor. The rotor should not show any major damage. If it does, replace it, along with the cap. If that doesn't work, replace the ignitor in the distributor (should be a small chip with 3 wires coming from it.) Still no good? Replace the entire distributor. No luck then? Change the fuel pump.

Seeing as you have so much time to go before you can actually DRIVE your car, do some reading. Picking up a book is a much smarter idea than picking up drugs... busted for possession at 14, you're no good at that scene... take it in a different direction.

Spend some of your millions on these:
                              www.cb7tuner.com/bookstore.htm

(btw: millionaires don't buy their kids old cars that don't run... maybe you have money somewhere in your family, but it's certainly not going into your pockets! most of us are poor here, that's why we have old accords and not new porsches. nobody here is impressed by claims of wealth. best to learn that early on.)

Comment

Working...
                              X