Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TCU / tranny questions 91 ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU / tranny questions 91 ex

I picked up a decent 91 ex for 400 bucks yesterday. I am mainly going to use it as a parts car for my 92 just in case, but it runs good. The tranny tho wont shift on its own, but if you start in low and shift it up it will drive ok. Should I try replacing the TCU? This car may have had some water in it.

Not looking to spend much, but if I could find a TCU cheap or free I may try it. Reading other posts they mention a solenoid of some kind too?

Not wanting to put much into this ex as it is mainly going to be a parts car, but if a quick tcu change would fix it I may just fix it and sell it for a quick couple hundred profit.

Thoughts?

Also - how hard is it to find and remove a tcu? Maybe I could snag one at the local boneyard.

since water Tcu and Tranny fluid flush would be good.
    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Shift Solenoids is prob what your thinkin. Is your D4 light and such flashing? Get that code. If you think there was water inside the car then yea the TCU would be a good thing to replace also.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i have a tcu hit me up

Comment

d4 light is ON and stays on, but i didnt see it flash. granted, i have only really been in the car for 10 minutes driving it.

i think it is the tcu...i will snag one at a junkyard or trade someone on here. BUT i am not looking to spend hardly anything as i have a great 92 accord and will just be keeping this one for parts (in case a window in mine ever gets busted or anything).

do ya'll think its worth keeping one around for $400?

Comment

could be worth keeping around. but if your ever in a bind for money you always have that car to part out and make the money you need.

theres always someone up here looking for parts

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
              could be worth keeping around. but if your ever in a bind for money you always have that car to part out and make the money you need.

theres always someone up here looking for parts
              word! anyone need any tan interior parts, or ANY parts that will still keep the car driveable?

Comment

you can give me your motor. it will still be drivable. but um....youll have to get like 5 or 60 people to push the car to make it roll. lmao

Comment

Working...
                X