Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help...

When i try to start my car, it takes a long time to crank, it turns over quite a bit before cranking up, but when it cranks up, it runs great, just wondering if its a weak coil? Need a Tune-up maybe? because the starter isnt going to last too long with it doing this....any help would be appreciated...
    I like to ride simple and clean, with a "MONSTER" under the hood!!

does it sound like it is trying to fire when trying to start? try turning the key to the on position not starting the car the off then on again and then try starting, also does it do it if has been running?

Comment

it just turns over for a long time then starts, no sputter, it tries to start like one time thats it, then it just fires up but after a long time thats all....and when its running, no sputters no nothing, idles fine and everything...

Comment

Check your distributor. do you have old spark plugs? just do a basic tune up it will help.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
        does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

yes make sure that the gaps arent dirty adn check all fittings
          bow down and S my D

Comment

check dizzy...

or prolly fuel pump...

Comment

Your main relay may be going bad. The part that primes the fuel pump for 2 seconds when you turn the key to ignition. Test it by turning the key to the place right before you start it and listen very carfully for the humm of the fuel pump to turn on.

Comment

yeah, i havent done anything to the engine, it may need a tune up and the wires do look kind of old and ill check the spark plugs too while im at it....I just went and turned the key, there is a hum so i dont think its the relay...so if a tune up doesnt help, then ill check the dizzy cap and rotor..thanks guys. Ill keep you guys posted....Im a newbie here thanks for the support

Comment

Working...
                X