Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noises form the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noises form the car

hi guys im new to this.. i jus bought a 1992 honda accord ex ..and i have a little problem hoping u gusy can shed soem light...the car wa sin storage for 2 years berfor i got it..after it went through basic maintenance.. i started having some drivability problems..when im driving along in a staright line im hearing a squiling noise and it is when i turn and break also..had the mechanic checked it out they said new breaks ..so had the rear breaks changed to new..also now getting a sort of ticking noise from the front..

i really dunno whuts causing this and cant figure it out.. for the rear i think either the parking break wasnt adjusted properly or the shoes are to close to the drum then they should be.. but dunno whuts causign the front to maek noise...any help will be thankfull ..
    Last edited by morium; 01-21-2007, 05:56 PM.

the ticking noise is valves sticking, i had the same problem, u can fix it before you change your oil, put a bit of engine restorer in it, and after when you change your oil put oil stabilizer in it, the LUCAS oil stabilizer, it wont fix rite away so let the engine restorer run in the crankcase for about a couple days then when you change the oil add oil stabilizer into it., it would go away after about a week or so, its jus the valves have to lube up a bit

or u can do a head or engine rebuild, what ever you have money for
    1990 Accord EX Sold
    1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
    1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

How loud is this ticking. Hondas are notorious for having valve tick. You can adjust your valves which will help a lil and decrease the sound of the ticking.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The ticking noise isnt all that loud but not soft either... its inbetween (kind of sounds like gravel being thrown on metal) ... it like starts happening like lets say 5 min after the car starts running and continues even after i turn off the engine.

Comment

Its your valves tapping...

Welcome to the world of a honda!
          1992 Honda Prelude S - Swapped F22A6 - Turbo 16g Powered!

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

aw thnx... so would you have any suggestions on what i can do to fix this?

the car was in storage for 2 years and i started it and drove home from the storage. So is it possible that the old oil caused the vavles to get dirty and sticky?
            Last edited by morium; 01-22-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

use my idea upabove with the oil, i had the same problem with my car a few weeks ago, and the ticking has gone away, atmost gonna cost u 30 bucks and time, thats all
              1990 Accord EX Sold
              1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
              1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

Dont be ***, Get a valve adjustment.

Mods: 3" Exhaust,450CC Injectors, DSM Manifold, DSM Ported 16g, Stealthmode Oil Line Kit, RFL BOV, JDM Black Housing Headlights, Clear Corners, Tinted Tails, Forbidden Short Shifter, Front Mount Intercooler, Chipped and Tuned P06 ECU - Tuned With Uberdata, Lowered 1.7,6 Puck Clutch"

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

as for the squealing, that might be your power steering pump. Mine went out on me when it started making a groaning noise...not exactly squealing but a noise nonetheless. Check the fluid in the reservoir before you tear into taking apart the pump, my Chilton manual says the fluid should be at the max line at all times.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by ludeude1992
                    Dont be ***, DIY valve adjustment.
                    FYP

oh yeah... linky
                    91 EX F22A4 - Stock w/ 220k mi
                    My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Its your valves tapping...

Welcome to the world of a honda!
                      how bad is this for your engine? The tapping. Just finished a valve adjustment and think I hear a little tapping...also, does tapping indicate the gap is to big or too small?
                      My Ride - 12/06

Comment

After a valve adjustment it will tap for a little till the valves settle in..it should go away.

And i see you have 215k on your motor...so the valve tap is very normal

As for the tap...every honda does it for the most part..ive never had any problems from it..its just a honda thing, dont freak out your motor isnt blowing up..thats what i thought when i heard it in my first prelude with an h23.

PARTING OUT F22A1

Comment

After a valve adjustment it will tap for a little till the valves settle in..it should go away.

And i see you have 215k on your motor...so the valve tap is very normal

As for the tap...every honda does it for the most part..ive never had any problems from it..its just a honda thing, dont freak out your motor isnt blowing up..thats what i thought when i heard it in my first prelude with an h23.
                          that's reassuring...I'll check again in a few weeks.
                          My Ride - 12/06

Comment

Working...
                          X