Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CEL code..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL code..?

I have code 36 (traction control).How do i fix it?Also im throwing 2 other codes 22 and 23(vtec pressure valve and Knock sensor) I'll greatly appreciated if some one could shoot me a thread or give me some info on where to start.Oh yeah im running a P13 with my H22A.
    Hybridnation

Bump!
    Hybridnation

Comment

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start?I have no clue on where to work at.Maybe i'll start by changing out my knock sensor and vtec stuff.Dang dont wanna spend any money if its an easy fix.
      Hybridnation

Comment

I suggest you should check the knock sensor and vtec pressure valve as indicated. Is your car acting weird at all with those codes on? If so, maybe you should replace them. Is your h22a auto or manual?

Comment

Its manual, and its reving between 1300 and 800 rpm or some where around there..only when the engine is warm.It revs back and forth.At first when i had the vtec and iab stuff hooked up CEL went away.After driving it for a while it came back on.Turn off car, turn car back on its gone.Only while driving will CEL come on.Mahn i'am lost.I have been driving it for a week already nothing seems wrong except that my vtec aint working.I'll double check my wires and pin locations.If the knock sensor is failing will i feel a power lost or other symptoms.
          Is there a way to check and see if KS and Vtec pressure valve are still good?
          Hybridnation

Comment

KS will hinder performance as you have noticed. It will retard your timing. Recheck your wiring see if you got them in the right pins and such. Traction control I think thats just with the ECU you are using probably. Anyway recheck the wiring first, make sure everything is grounded properly and then see whats up.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Finally check and made everything wired up properly.Check engine light is gone, but there is another issue.Im still getting 22 23 36 codes.When i get on freeways my cel comes back on.Got back home shut off the car and start it up and cel is gone again.Plug in pin to check codes and its still there.Unplug and no cel.Drove around the block no cel.Weird huh...only comes on when i go over 50mph i guess.Can it be that my knock sensor is bad and its causing my codes to give me vtech pressure valve also?Car is running fine after three weeks of firing up and driving around.Anyone run into this problem and had it fix help me out please.I dont wanna waste money on a new ks and vtec assembly.Thanks
              Hybridnation

Comment

Working...
              X