Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Megan Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, my megan turned all brown and gross...i think i left grease on it

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

this is a ractive header thats on my car now. its adaptable for any 4th gen accord, wether the o2 sensor is on the intake manifold or before the cat, its still fits. ive had it for 2 years and no melted wires or cracks at all.
      my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
      MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

I searched.

How important is the heatshield? I am going to be getting my headers within this weekend I had snapped the bolts off when unscrewing to get the heatshield off and it's practically rotting of rust, plus I think it looks better without it.
        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Originally posted by 407accord
          I searched.

How important is the heatshield? I am going to be getting my headers within this weekend I had snapped the bolts off when unscrewing to get the heatshield off and it's practically rotting of rust, plus I think it looks better without it.
          Not really necessary, many have run without them.

Comment

See the motor mount inserts on petepete's car? Yeah, I have some too... and I melted mine without my heatshield Not bad, but there's a definite melted spot!

Keeping underhood temps to a minimum is always good, but the heatshield doesn't do it for long. Once it gets fully heated, it just provides a larger, flatter surface area to radiate heat, rather than just the 4 pipes. If you are concerned about head, get some header wrap. It's not very expensive, and it does work. Done right, it even looks pretty cool (93twodoorLX and excalibur02 have it done very well)

If you want to retain a stock heatshield and are thinking about getting an inexpensive header, just get an F22A4 header. It's the best F22A unit there is, as the A1 and A6 both have cast manifolds. The gains realized by the cheapie headers (even the better ones, like Megan... or even DC) aren't really that significant, so the F22A4 header would probably be nearly as good... and dirt cheap!

Comment

hi deeve listen, witch one looks melted? the motor mount insert or the header ?

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
              MR page

Comment

The mount inserts.

Comment

nah, it looks that way maybe because the torque mount on my car was broken to begin with and the motor mount inserts were from energy suspention and the box says it can be used with a new or broken motor mount. after i put in the mount the engine was straight and ive been redlining every gear and nothing been broken or twisted. also im always checking the motor every day for any thing funny and so far nothing. they did look odd when i got them but it been in my car for a year now and they are still holding strong.

MR page

Comment

Well, megan isn't too cheap either so I'd rather just get an aftermarket brand. plus brand new is always good.
                    No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

Deeve, seriously? a4 over a megan or DC? OR just if you want stock heatshield... Do any headers keep low end power... for DD? High end is good, but low end is nice.
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Well I see megan headers so far are the best for the lowest price.

I was reading up on RMF headers and whoa, way to expensive. How much hp does that usually give though

What will my megan's give, probably about 5 right? with a cool color looking accent to it...
                        No longer have a cb7.

V6 POOOWAAAA

lol, a buick.

Comment

megan headers

i have the same headers on my car. i replaced the warn down h23 i had in my car, with a jdm f22b. does any one know what spark plugs and wires i can buy

Comment

The A4 header isn't better than the Megan or DC, I'm sure... but for the minimal gains of the Megan or DC header, it's a better cost/hp ratio. An F22A6 with an H23 intake plenum and throttle body and an F22A4 header is probably one of the best mild OEM combinations you can build (without major modifications). For low end, you want smaller diameter piping. Stock will give the best low end, as most performance parts make power up high. It will eventually get to the point where your motor won't make any more power up high without better tuning and internal breathing capabilities (cam, valve and head work, etc...)

RMF will give you up to 20 or so with good tuning and other quality parts. Megan and the other inexpensive brands (that includes pretty much anything under $1000) will give 5 at best. You may not see more than a 2hp gain... you may even lose horsepower in some of your frequently used powerband.

And it's Header. Just one. You only have one head on an I4. If you had 2 heads, you'd have headers. One head = one header.

The JDM F22B (assuming it's the DOHC variety) shares many parts with the H23. As far as I know, everything that can be used on the H23 can be used on the F22B DOHC.

Comment

how much is the megan header? and how much are other headers?
                              93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
                              98 Lexus GS4

Comment

One million dollars.

It depends on where you shop. Megan headers go for $100 or so, I think... cheaper ones can sell for $75. GOOD headers (ones that make significant power... SMSP, RMF, Bisimoto) sell for $1000 or more. As long as you know what you're buying, you get what you pay for. Honestly, I'd take a $100 header over a $500 header, because the $500 headers don't do that much more. The $1000+ ones are well worth the money if you can afford it, but for 5-7hp maximum from the sub-$1000 ones, I'd rather go with the cheaper models that just look nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X