Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TDC - counterclockwise or clockwire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDC - counterclockwise or clockwire??

okay I read the DIY for Valve Adjustment on this site and in the helms manual..to get to TDC on cyl 1, the book said turn the pulley clockwise for #1 and the rest is counter clockwise.....or its suppose to be counterclockwise for #1 cyl at TDC?

MY 1n2 CB7

ok for cyl #1, there should be 1 dot on your top gear and another on the lower, line these up and your #1 cyl is TDC, now as for the others, its a 1/4 turn on the top gear for each cyl.. just get the firing order, and drop a rod down the spark plug hole to see if it is all the way up, or use a flashlight and look down it and see. best way to do it. I did it on my 3rd gen accord and it ran alot smoother with the adjustments I made and was quick doing it this way except mine was side mounted plugs so I had to feel the piston with my pinky.

Comment

Originally posted by DFRHonda
      ok for cyl #1, there should be 1 dot on your top gear and another on the lower, line these up and your #1 cyl is TDC, now as for the others, its a 1/4 turn on the top gear for each cyl.. just get the firing order, and drop a rod down the spark plug hole to see if it is all the way up, or use a flashlight and look down it and see. best way to do it. I did it on my 3rd gen accord and it ran alot smoother with the adjustments I made and was quick doing it this way except mine was side mounted plugs so I had to feel the piston with my pinky.
      Thanks for the reply but I don't think that awnser my question tho...I know how to get to TDC but i need to make sure ....does it matter if the engine turn clockwise or counter clockwise to get to TDC on #1 cylinder.??

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

its easier one way, other way makes it harder......crank the car overbut dont start it to see which direction if you can see the gear, thats how I did it. its much easier that way, cause then you wont have to fight a charged cylinder that aint gonna open in reverse lol.

Comment

ok, first take out all your spark plugs, it is much easier to turn....

put a long screw driver in number one... bump the starter by jumping it with a screw driver until the screw driver goes all the way up and starts to go back down. but a socket on the crank and turn back until it is all the way back up...

top dead center awaits you...

and to really answer your question.... I wouldnt turn counter clockwise, because you may loosen your crankshaft bolt.

Comment

I always turn my engine clockwise.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
              ok, first take out all your spark plugs, it is much easier to turn....

put a long screw driver in number one... bump the starter by jumping it with a screw driver until the screw driver goes all the way up and starts to go back down. but a socket on the crank and turn back until it is all the way back up...

top dead center awaits you...

and to really answer your question.... I wouldnt turn counter clockwise, because you may loosen your crankshaft bolt.
              A bit hard to break it off manually without the tool but yea. I am just used to turning clockwise. Plus ease of mind if you can think you can break it off like so lol.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
                I wouldnt turn counter clockwise, because you may loosen your crankshaft bolt.
                Hmm wish I knew about thos waaaay before UI had started on my 3rd gen lol, came right off, spent hours tryin to get it back on.

But anyways........ ......I just noticed the title to this thread, was funny at first but did anyone notice it says clockwire??? Just wanted to tease about it lol. DW, I do things like that once in a while too haha, u aint alone

Comment

Originally posted by DFRHonda
                  ......I just noticed the title to this thread, was funny at first but did anyone notice it says clockwire??? Just wanted to tease about it lol. DW, I do things like that once in a while too haha, u aint alone
                  LOL I didnt notice, Its funny how our minds fill in the little mistakes in grammar.

Comment

Its a typo in Haynes....turn it counterclockwise

Comment

ALWAYS turn honda engines counterclockwise. other thatn the new K series and maybe the R, all other hondas run counterclockwise so it would be much easier turning it counterclockwise!

Comment

Working...
                      X