Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor revin on its own!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor revin on its own!??

how can i stop my cb7 to stop reving on its own it revs up to 3,000 rpm then goes down to 2500 then hit 1500 when worming up then reving just didnt stop at all revs when i stopped at a light an jus 2 days ago it stopped reving n now its back so i dunno help me out a bit! iv been told 4 different things i called 4 places an they said its my speed sensor thing an nex place said it has low coolant but its full has no leaks an nex place said it was my throtle bodie postion sensor but i dont think that could b it nex place said that its my exhaust valve spring or sumthin or its none of that lemme no cuz i need to get it fixed cuz im im not good undertsanding words like these
    cleaning tha IACV an adjust FITV ???? help me

Is the check engine indicator light lit? if so pull the code first by diagnosing it by taking a paperclip and insert it into the blue female connector just above the passenger side kickpanel just beneath the dash on the right side.

It can be anything like a bad tps or a vacuum leak but you wont really know until you diagnose them. If its a vacuum leak you can spray some carb cleaner over the intake manifold and if the cars idle dips really low in the spot that your spraying then you found your leak. But do this first take the intake or air box off and expose the throttlebody. There should be two ports/holes the upper and the lower hole. If you plug the upper hole when the car is warm and it shuts off then theres no leak but if you plug it and it doesnt die out then you got a leak. But definitely diagnose those engine codes first.

Comment

ya, accord do this shit all the time, what i do is cleaned the throttle body check for vacum leaks, then check the IAC, and if it is none of that, i give up. and just RAISE the idle, works perfectly.
      turbo h22 tein ridin Accord guy... from AccordT****.com
      smarter than local dyno tuners..
      my car in 2004~05<br>
      i love this red font

my car blew up! in May 07'

Comment

ya i sprayed sum carb cleaner on tha intake manifold idle didnt drop an an iv unplued the hoses n i dunno what else to do only thing i havnt was clean tha throtle body ne other suggesttions?

Comment

Working...
        X