Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BIG TROUBLE.......(i think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG TROUBLE.......(i think)

hey guys, so i finally got the car running. it ideled perfect for any given amount of time. so at this point i put insurence on it and drove it around, it drove like a dream. me and my girl were on our way back home and the car just cut off and wouldnt start back up. got it towed to the house and tried again.... nothing. so i went and got new plugs and wires. didnt help. ok, so i tried again, but this time i pumped the gas. it started but it sounds like its skipping bad. if i take my foot off the gas it will shut off. so, new fuel filter. again, didnt help. so i pumped the gas and started it again while holding the gas again, but this time i noticed that there was white/greyish smoke coming from the tailpipe. what could be happening???
    Last edited by CB7Junkie; 02-13-2007, 08:16 PM.
    Sig removed due to excessive size

ok, i just ran my cel codes and the light didnt even flash, it just stayed on. wtf???

Comment

did it possibly skip timing??? if not check for bad gas or a loose sensor somewhere. electrical gremlins are a bitch

Comment

hey my buddy is that have the same problem with a jdm B16a swap we jsut did....
        h22 ownes you and know and it will handle you also.......

Comment

Originally posted by ksucd5
          did it possibly skip timing??? if not check for bad gas or a loose sensor somewhere. electrical gremlins are a bitch

Electrical "Gremlins" dont exist, just have to play proccess of elimination. but the first thing i would check is defidently see if the timing jump. you could have water in the fuel system though.

Comment

i checked the timing. to the best of my knowlage it is on. would that cause the white smoke??? and if its water how do i fix it??? oh, and what does it mean when you try to run the cel codes and the cel just stays on???

Comment

im no good with computer diagnostics so i could not tell you. but for the water, B G products makes something for this, not sure what its called. you cant get rid of the water right away, you can only disperse it. dont use HEET, it does absolutely nothing but waste money.

Comment

Check your distributor just to be safe. If its not that then the fuel pump is bad.
                1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

what about the dizzy??? it cranks. the pump is good, i can hear it and i undid the fuel filter to see if it was pushing enough fuel and it is.

Comment

BG Fuel System Drier, thats whats its called, real hard to remember,lol. this stuff will disperse the water in your system to help get rid of it. but im not guarenteeing that its goin to solve ur problem.

Comment

well we can eliminate the fuel pump cuz it wouldnt start at all if that was the prob.

Comment

ok, ill try it out. where can i get it??? does neone elsre have any suggestions???

Comment

Take all the plugs out and see if the car spits out the gas. That will deff let you know if the distributor is bad.
                          1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                          2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                          3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                          Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                          Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

www.bgprod.com

Comment

i dont understand how the car would even start if the dizzy was bad????

Comment

Working...
                              X