Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Couple of problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of problems....

K guys I have searched everywhere and have had no luck.

When I start my car in the morning it starts and idles at maybe 800rpm.. Never idles up for a couple min like I have read it's supposed to. It just stays at the warm idle setting I'm guessing. Well lately it's been dropping off when I'm at a light or what not till it feels like it's gonna stall. Drops down to like 400rpm or so. I'm gonna bleed my coolant tomorrow since I just replaced my radiator. I think I may have a bubble in the system although I have purged it a couple times already but I think I was doing it incorrectly. This time I'm going to bleed it without it runing. But the question is.. Why does it not have a fast idle when it's cold? Is my FIV shot? Any advice would be nice..

Also.. Friday my shift interlock started screwin up.. would have to take my foot on and off the brake a couple times and it would finally release.. Well it has totally stopped working.. Havin to put my key in the interlock to get it to come out of park. Well I read up on it and it said you could hear the solenoid working in the console when you hit the brake pedal.. well I come home at lunch yesterday and turn the radio off.. step on the brake.. and could hear it working and sure enough it was working fine.. well come out after lunch and nope back to not working. I have already changed my TCU because I was having to manually shift it when I first got it.. My brake lights work so I know the brake light switch is working.. what else could it be? It's really driving me crazy and I really want to fix it asap.. Pointers would be great. I'm goin nuts havin to use both hands to shift..

Hmmm no one has any idea's?

Came outside this morning and warmed it up to defrost the windshield.. Hit the brake pedal and it let me shift into reverse withouth the over ride... This is driving me nutty!

Comment

1. Adjust your FITV/IACV
      2. Check the solenoid in the center console that unlocks the lever. ITs prob old and crapping out on you.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

K well I opened it up and tightened down the white plastic piece like I have read on here and that didn;t do anything.. what else? The shifting problem has turned into a work... don't work issue now... most the time it works and then sometimes it won't... The ide issue is givin me fits right now though.. Got a remote start put on my car saturday and now when it idles it will almost die.. Saturday when i got it put on I let it idle a while and it started to smoke and miss really bad... it's got all new wires,cap&rotor,plugs and O2 sensor on it.. so I dunno... drives me crazy.... and now it's wanting to tach 4500-5k before it shifts.. Argh this car will be the death of me.. :|

Comment

Yeah that that fit sounds like it's doing things to ya, I'd just replace it if I were you. Peace

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

checking the wires cap rotor is good, but right before my ignitor unit failed, my idle was abnormally low as well. Once that's gone then it wont even start, and you might need a tow. so check that out before it totally craps on you. I also had the main relay checked out as well, this i believe engages the fuel pump

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

if the ignitor fails repace the coil also it will not be long before it goes out to
              da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

How can I test my ignitor?

Comment

Working...
                X