Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is it as bad as i think ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it as bad as i think ..

The other day on my way home from work my 91 accord ex just went dead tack and all,which right off the bat i knew it had to deal with the dizzy . when i got a chance to i took the dizzy off oil like mad in it yup the the little o ring went. So before i went and spent money on parts i took the valve cover off and low and behold my timing belt broke. i wouldn't be worried but when the belt broke the valves wernt moving but the pistons were how much damage do you think i did ?
    It's Alive A broken timing belt can't keep her down

The higher the load on the engine at the time the timing belt broke, the greater the possible damage.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by palinix
      The higher the load on the engine at the time the timing belt broke, the greater the possible damage.
      I was going 55 and the car is an automatic

Comment

what RPM were you at?

Comment

well in that case i would look into a new head -
          or maybe that swap you have always wanted

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
            what RPM were you at?
            the rpm's were at 2500

Comment

Originally posted by bmxboi23
              only problem with a head swap or motor swap is that i dont know which one i would want to do

Comment

Originally posted by bmxboi23
                I agree, your valves are most likely bent and possibly tapped out on your piston heads, may need a new head or possibly a new motor, only way to know for sure is to tear it apart....
                Max

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy1
                  only problem with a head swap or motor swap is that i dont know which one i would want to do
                  Oh and in response to this, I would suggest doing an h22 swap if you did a motor swap at all, then you could consider swapping to a 5spd if thats what you want...
                  Max

Comment

Swap time. Find a donor car for 5 speed parts, and find the engine you want. Make sure you do all the maintenance things to the new engine before you put it in, so bent valves dont happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by vi.descending
                      Swap time. Find a donor car for 5 speed parts, and find the engine you want. Make sure you do all the maintenance things to the new engine before you put it in, so bent valves dont happen again.
                      what realy sucks is the belt was replaced on the car about 3 months ago but since i wasnt the owner at the time it was put on the warrenty is void and null . the guy i bought it off of is thinking about buying back from me ,he misses the car but i dont know if i want to sell it back to him or not.

Comment

Don't sell it back! Get a swap! Or just another f22 if you don't have money.

Oh, and here's the engine swap section of the wiki if it helps you decide what you want.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/wiki/index.p...e=Engine_Swaps
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7

Oh, and here's the engine swap section of the wiki if it helps you decide what you want.
                          Yes thats always an option too, you can find an f22 for around $500 complete...
                          Max

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7

bad part is around here honda engines that are working or rebuildable are hard to come by ,people drive them till they stop working. i would love to get ahold of a jdm h22,i have been looking for one for my brothers car for awhile he has a 96 honda accord that he wants to do a swap to(translation i will be doing the swap)

Comment

Working...
                            X