Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CV shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV shafts

Ok, so I got a clicking noise riding down the road coming from my left front end. If I turn the wheel to the right, clicking stops, turn it to the left or drive straight, clicking is there. I'm thinking its either that axel is close to being shot or my rotor is shot (didn't look to be bad). Let me know what you guys think, if its my axel or not. Thanks alot

usually axles will click in the turns, not going straight

Comment

I just got the car allined about a month ago and its done it ever since, the car is dropped like 2.75 inches. Anyway allining it could mess anything up?

Comment

Originally posted by spray_bombed
        I just got the car allined about a month ago and its done it ever since, the car is dropped like 2.75 inches. Anyway allining it could mess anything up?
        who did the alignment?!...and it started doing it right after u pulled out of there?.....usually it'll be the axle going out.
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

sounds like the axles my friend. they are probably just worn. buy new ones and install them and you'll be a happy camper

Comment

i found some axles from an 01 base model prelude. will these work with my f22 and/or my h23?

Comment

Axles

You mean Axles, not Axels right?
              Clicking is a sign of axle wear- usually louder around turns

for straight driving and you hear clicking, that could be something different. Might be a bearing- but that's usually a roaring sound.
              90-2D 5spd. Turbo/Shaved/slammed/kitted/4200watts/laptop&Tvs...

Ova 17G's invested in mah AZN ride!

Comment

A bad axle can also cause a slight roaring sound if the inner boot is ripped. Clickin on turns is usually the outer boot on the axle is ripped. For the dude asking if the prelude ones fit no use stock accord ones. But just get down and see if you see the boot ripped or grease everywhere that is a good indication you need a new axle.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

axels?? more like axles, it will help others search for this thread as reference

Also, they are more commonly called CV shafts. Axles are what I work with and are hella larger than CV shafts, believe me you couldn't fit it nor would it work for this application. Different animal.

EDIT: Fixed your title.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by bmxboi23
                    i found some axles from an 01 base model prelude. will these work with my f22 and/or my h23?
                    i believe the axles from a 97-01 prelude are slightly thicker in diameter than ur cb7 hubs will allow..honda 5 lug hubs are 5mm thicker i believe..if they were from a 4 lug they would fit...
                    1993 Accord EX
                    1993 Civic HB
                    1994 Integra 4dr
                    2006 BMW 330i
                    2006 Suzuki GSXR

Comment

Can anyone send me a link on where I can get a good deal on a new axel, im going off to school soon and I'm just gonna put a new left axel on....thanks

Comment

Your local napa, advance, or whatever chain closest to you will have the best deal. Axles are too heavy to ship cheaply and any reman axle is about the same quality from my experience.

Comment

check out majestichonda.com
                          Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

Working...
                          X