Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Smell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Smell?

I just bought a CD5 and drove it for an hour and a half to get home fro mthe dealer. When i stopped somewhere to get food, i smelled burning rubber, or a similar smell. Im just wondering if this is a belt or needs oil or what? Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

[edit]I don't know as much as most people on this forum about motors[/edit]
    Last edited by WantACB7; 03-21-2007, 10:34 AM.
    1994 Honda Accord EX. Gold in Color, Sunroof, Power Locks, Windows, AC, RADIO!, Cruise, OEM Spoiler.

Currently: Runs well, needs minor engine work.

bump for help
    1994 Honda Accord EX. Gold in Color, Sunroof, Power Locks, Windows, AC, RADIO!, Cruise, OEM Spoiler.

Comment

you know some times me car randomley smells for no reason then its fine, just make sure nothigns smoking

My Members Ride Page

Comment

maybe oil is burning onto the exhaust somehow, you may have a small leak.

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I'll check for some small leak. And Im sure it could just be a random smell. Afterall, it has been sitting on a lot for a while and then driven for an hour and a half straight at 70mph. That could be it. Should I be too concerned about the possibility of a small leak?

Comment

Ok, im not trying to scare you or anything when I say this, but you could have a cracked cylinder head or something could be wrong with your cylinder. I think you might be having the exact same problem that I have. Right now my car is in the shop because theres a hole in my cylinder head about the size of a dime. Like you i sniffed up that same smell too that you have.. (haha sniffed ) anywho yea, also because of that problem I experienced some smoke coming out from the exhaust too. At first I thought it was the timing belt too. But dont listen to me. I could be wrong about this. I dont really know that much about cars much less hondas ethier. PEACE YO!
            My Black "H"
            AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

It's prob. an oil leak. Could even be your valve seals. My valve seals are bad and after being on the highway for awhile @ higher RPM or after beating on it, I can smell it inside the cabin

Comment

How much would it cost to get the valve seals replaced or an oil leak patched up?

Comment

Working...
                X