Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Carbon on pistons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon on pistons

I recently took my head off to have it worked on and I noticed there was alot of carbon build up on the pistons. I was wondering if there was an easy way to maybe scrape it off or something. Thanks for any help.

ehh its not worth it really its normal for that to happen, you should pull the pistons out and replace with aftermarket higher compression from bisimoto and get that head ported while its out.
    ]

Comment

The head has been ported and bigger valves are being put in Now when I replace the pistons is it ok to use the rods that are there now or should those be replaced as well. I don't have a big budget right now so i'm trying to get away with what I can.

Comment

Originally posted by NozMonster
        The head has been ported and bigger valves are being put in Now when I replace the pistons is it ok to use the rods that are there now or should those be replaced as well. I don't have a big budget right now so i'm trying to get away with what I can.

yeah you can use the same rods they should be fine, unless you have some sort of forced induction. and looking at your Sn it ooks like your using nitrous oxide??

then you would definately want to, and forget about the highcompression pistons if your using nitrous... probly be better off with stock replacements, just forged and then forged rods, although i dont know what gives out first on an f22a i think its the rods so in that case replace them with stock pistons and forged rods lol.
        ]

Comment

Nah i'm not using No2 nor am I using turbo. I'm just looking for some good N/A power. I may turbo later on down the road but not sure. Is it ok to turbo on the stock rods?

Comment

well it s all about tuning but yes it is o to turbo the stock rods.

and you need to have a goal in mind, because iif yuou build for na for now, turboing a car with higher compression isnt good.

so figure out what you eventually want to do, if you want some good power for now and want to get more later, a swap is the best IMO

f22b or h23 is a great swap to do because it gives u dual cams and better tuning ability and about 30 more hp then your engine has. add i/h/e and a chipped ecu, and youd have some pretty good power.
            ]

Comment

Awesome, thanks alot for the info. I'll probly just stick with N/A and think about the swap later on down the road. I'll search around on here to see what kind of rods to get and what-not. Thank again.

Comment

Hey peeps

Sorry for jacking your thread man but i got a question.

I got my toped worked like ported n polished, deck shaved, 135 lift cam. I wanted to get better pistons so i wanted to know what kinda pistons would be good. Would a lighter crank shaft be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by 1993hAccord
                  Hey peeps

Sorry for jacking your thread man but i got a question.

I got my toped worked like ported n polished, deck shaved, 135 lift cam. I wanted to get better pistons so i wanted to know what kinda pistons would be good. Would a lighter crank shaft be good too.
                  i think that would throw it out of balance im not sure though.

also check out bisimoto.com, their are other places just search around for
                  "f22 pistons" high compression pistons would be best for an NA build
                  ]

Comment

I would have to say that the bisimoto pistons are deffinately in order thanks for the help.

Comment

First off, Why would you want to use stock rods when you are going to be using new high compression pistons. If you are going through all the work just get better rods.

The next thing is, Stock rods have pressed in Wrist pins, Most aftermarket pistons have floating wrist pins.

And about stock F22 rods, They are NOT the weakest link in the rotating assembly. Its the stock pistons, The ring lands are the first to go. Then IF you are lucky and your pistons dont break or melt the rods will break. Then if neither breaks then you will have a nice sized hole in your block.

The f22 rods "can" handle up to 250 to 300ish HP. I put can in quotes because it depends on the condition of the motor, the setup you are using, and the tuning associated with your car.

Comment

Working...
                      X