Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

attn: those with koyo aluminum radiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attn: those with koyo aluminum radiators

upon installing my koyo radiator, i ran into 2 small problems: one being that one of the 10mm fan shroud bolts hit the cross member, keeping the rad from going in all the way (which i fixed by removing the bolt).

then after the rad was in, the plastic drain cock was resting on the cross member, causing it to leak. if i picked the rad up, the drain cock came off the cross member and the leaking stopped. set it down and it leaks again.

to fix this i can do several different things:
    1). shorten the drain cock that came with the rad
    2). try to use the honda drain cock (it is shorter)
    3). notch the cross member.

i may have to do 2 out of 3, but i hope to just be able to use the honda drain cock.

basically, i'm just wondering if any others had the same problems or any at all and what did you do to fix it? i'm not looking forward to taking this out and putting it back in. the fit was REAL tight....it should have came with a shoe horn. i also have a/c....it would have been tons easier without it. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Are you sure the radiator is sitting flush in the little holder at the bottom? Crawl under there and see if the rubber mounts are sitting flush in the support for the radiator. Did you get the OEM or the performance Koyo radiator?

Comment

If you got the race one you will need to notch the crossmember a bit. If you got OEM it should drop in. A set of slim fans work wonders with that combo. But you can try using the honda petcock and see if that works. Dunno if same diameter but if it works hey do it. But to make it fit might need to dremel down the crossmember a bit to fit.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
        Are you sure the radiator is sitting flush in the little holder at the bottom? Crawl under there and see if the rubber mounts are sitting flush in the support for the radiator. Did you get the OEM or the performance Koyo radiator?
        oh yeah, it's flush alright.

NAiL05- that's what i'm thinking.....just seeing if there was another way.

and yeah it's the fat daddy race rad. later.

Comment

I remember Iamanonymous he has one. He said he had to notch it a bit if I remember correctly.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i know Dan (Granite_CB7) has one, i'm not sure what kind though

Comment

Im guessing that would look sexy in that engine bay of yours -TYPE G- I got to see some pics when you finish good luck Yo!!!

Comment

Your going to have to notch it a little bit Brian.

It's not alot. Mine actually fit, but there was no way to remove the drain screw it was so close.

Best of luck, and get some pics up!
                Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                01-01-2019

Comment

i was hoping you'd chime in brady. i guess i'll be notching it a little, lol.

it does look close to fiting, but just that little bit of pressure on the petcock makes it leak. i drove it about 8 miles home while it was leaking.... all parinoid.

oh well, i'll fix it tomorow. later.

Comment

anyone with pics of this radiator with the slim fan installed?
                    cb7 less once again....

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
                      I got to see some pics when you finish good luck Yo!!!
                      here's a pic:

i'll take better pics after i clean it up.

i didn't have to notch the cross member like i thought. i just trimed down the petcock and removed one fan bolt on the passenger side and it went in like it should. i'm satisfied with the end result. later.

Comment

you cant get a bunch of huge washers to plce on the bottom of those rad holders?
                        bend the top of the support brackets upward and that should do right?

slim fans are hella cheap meng.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Out of curiousity how much did it cost? and where did you get it, was it local or did you order it off the net? Thanks

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I was going to suggest the spacer idea too. But it may be close to the hood?

1998 Subaru Legacy L ~current ride~ Decently modified (current project)
                            1991 Honda Accord (Traded for 91 turbo Legacy) Slightly modified
                            1997 Subaru Legacy GT (T-Boned) Slightly modified
                            1993 Suzuki GSX-R 750
                            1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (wrapped around a pole) faster than stock liter bikes
                            1989 Honda CRX (sold for GSXR)
                            MANY mods

4Zero1Motorsports.com

4Zero1 Facebook
                            Invidia, Walbro, Tein, ARP, AEM, Cometic, Techna-Fit and many, MANY more!

Comment

Ebay sells the big koyos for 300 somethin.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X