Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Eng. DIY adjustable fuel pressure reg. and gauge install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eng. DIY adjustable fuel pressure reg. and gauge install

well because im a noob to this site i cant post in the DIY section so ill post it up here!

First lets start with the tool list that you will need for the project
    1. ablity to wrench!
    2. a 17mm socket or gear wrench or wrench
    3. 21/64 metal drill bit
    4. Vise
    5. 1/8 27 NPT tap
    6. 4" crescent wrench

second the parts list
    1. permatex thread sealent (GAS SAFE!)

2. B&M adj. fuel pressure regulator part# 46057(sliver)46058(red)46059 (blue) and if you want purple #46051

3. B&M fuel pressure gauge part # 46054

now for the install

first locate this handy bolt that honda provided us with along with the fuel pressure regulator

for those interested the bolt is a M12 X1.25 thread

next you remove the bolt using the 17mm socket or wrench

next you clamp that baby in a vise and take the 21/64 drill bit and start drilling the center
    *** be sure to drill exactly center other wise the bolt WILL snap when you put it back into the fuel rail***

after the hole is drilled (about 1/4"-1/2") down you tap it with the 1/8"NPT tap

it should look something like this
    *** i added the thread sealent already***

after taped check and see if the gauge will thread into the newly tapped hole

disassemble the gauge from the bolt and put the bolt back into the fuel rail. once the bolt is tight, spin in the gauge LOOSELY by hand, then use the 4" crescent wrench to tighten down the gauge, once again dont over tighten this
    *installed*

for comparison

now give yourself a pat on the back because if you didnt have to go to the junk yard like i did to pull another bolt of the rail because you snaped the "S" out of it... one step ahead

im not going to go over the Adj. Fuel pressure regulator with pictures because its so easy to do ill just go over the steps

1. take out your existing FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) with the 10mm socket
    2. cut 1/4" from the top of the FPR (where the vacuum lead comes in) with a hack saw or cut off tool, dont worry about the spring inside B&M provides you with a new one.
    3. install the new spring, gaskets and sandwich the two halves together USE THE LOCK TITE PROVIDED!

4. install the FPR back onto the fuel rail... should look like this

finished... give the car time to get fuel and start it up check for leaks.

im not sure what the stock honda fuel pressure is set at but i turned mine up to 40psi at idle, stock i think is 36psi

PICTURES OF MY MOTOR FOR FUN!

im gearing up for turbo that DIY yet to come... i call it "project BUTT stock"
    I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

bonus
    I need NOS... give me one of these... make it 2... oh and hairy... i need it by tonight!

Comment

Good write up thanks!

What kind of gains can I expect from doing a mod like this? Other than being able to keep an eye on what my fuel pressure is.

On an all stock motor what will an increase in fuel pressure do for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ALOW1
        Good write up thanks!

What kind of gains can I expect from doing a mod like this? Other than being able to keep an eye on what my fuel pressure is.

On an all stock motor what will an increase in fuel pressure do for it?

First off stock fuel pressure is 38 psi. On an all stock motor there will probably not be any noticiable gains. If you are doing a turbo build then you can fine tune the car with the Regulater. On a turbo application you will most likely need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
        I think it would be best to stick with your stock regulator if your motor is all stock there is just no need for it really.

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Comment

Originally posted by Dep22build
          First off stock fuel pressure is 38 psi. On an all stock motor there will probably not be any noticiable gains. If you are doing a turbo build then you can fine tune the car with the Regulater. On a turbo application you will most likely need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
          I think it would be best to stick with your stock regulator if your motor is all stock there is just no need for it really.
          Ok that makes sense, thanks for the post. The only thing I can see doing for an all stock motor would be to install the gauge. It wouldnt benefit anything but neither does my chrome oil fill cap.

Comment

LOL!! THat chrome oil fill cap has no benefit except add like 20 hp to your car! jk jk
            I dont see any problems with just putting a adjustable regulator in to have the gauge so you can monitor your pressure.
            Also if you are looking to do any mods to the car in later times then the fpr would be a good thing to have.

GOT BOOST???

Comment

cool now i know stock fpr psi thanks

Comment

Originally posted by capman86
                cool now i know stock fpr psi thanks
                Yup it is just a little research and going to an automotive college taht gives you the abilities to help others lol

GOT BOOST???

Comment

my question is if stock fuel PSI, is 38,

would enrichment cause better response, or drivebality, like 40 or more,

be cause, once i heard, dat, honda motors, response very well 2 more gas,

unlike other engines which u have to lower stock F P,
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
                    my question is if stock fuel PSI, is 38,

would enrichment cause better response, or drivebality, like 40 or more,

be cause, once i heard, dat, honda motors, response very well 2 more gas,

unlike other engines which u have to lower stock F P,
                    Yes the stock fuel pressure is 38psi. It might cause better respinse and performance but it will be such a small difference it will be almost unoticiable. On a stockk honda motor i would say that you shouldnt go over more than 40 psi. over that then you are really just sucking in more gas than is needed

GOT BOOST???

Comment

i noticed a bit crisper throttle response by doing this, as far as making it faster... accords are slow stock, anything helps, but i didnt notice much of a speed gain, or increase in the ass dyno

Comment

Accords are in fact slow stock so if you want to make it ast slap a turbo on it like me and most of the other guys here at cb7tuner.com

GOT BOOST???

Comment

im making my IC pipes as we speak... look for it soon titled "project BUTT stock"

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidIC
                            im making my IC pipes as we speak... look for it soon titled "project BUTT stock"
                            where did u get your pipes from or are u just fully making them yourself?

GOT BOOST???

Comment

a whole lotta 2.5" pipe+ myself+ a manderal bender= a bunch of messed up pipe and maybe some usable ones...

i dont store buy things because
                              a. im cheap
                              b. my set up is completely custom
                              c. i dont trust other people with my rides

Comment

Working...
                              X