Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what is the best sounding exhaust for our cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F20A CB7
    hey im proud to b a newbi but jus like the elders givin us hell, Im jus lettin him to research 1st
    I do believe deev said that telling people on the beginnners forum or with less than 30 posts gets you the banhammer. You need to watch what to say and who to say it to. Let him asks questions if he's curious. Don't be oblivious to the need of knowledge. Let him know what options are available and help him but don't flame him and get post count up just by flaming and defending your reason for flaming.

**EDIT**
    Just so I don't get my post count up by defending him, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think that the sound of the exhaust is just a preference. I don't know about you losing power so much just because you get a big exhaust. It just has to fit in with what you have. Its much like audio. If you have a small amp, but huge speakers, then it won't work to its true potential, much like a car. Everything's gotta match so that you get the best performance out of it.
    Last edited by trcsbrian; 04-17-2007, 12:47 PM. Reason: Add advice

Comment

if you guys are saying the WS2 exhaust is getting cheaper by the day i'm going to have to look into that because i do need an exhaust right now.

after listening to that first clip for the RS*R, damn... kinda wish i picked up on that one dood was selling one for only 150 bucks.

Comment

^^Be different and go for a megan catback. I can't say they're really cheap though about $300 on ebay but its a deeper sounding exhaust. I personally like the rs*r and I was thinking about getting one, but the megan I have now is pretty good. It is kinda loud but not a buzzing bee kinda loud.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

if you go custom get a new high flow cat with piping around 2.25 get two resonators (I only says two if you run no cat this will make a little harder to hear the differecent) and buy a non-coffee can muffler (don't go cheap here) once you get those parts or most of them go down to a local muffler shop and they will make it for you for less then a 100 bucks.

Originally posted by Leung
          if you guys are saying the WS2 exhaust is getting cheaper by the day i'm going to have to look into that because i do need an exhaust right now.

after listening to that first clip for the RS*R, damn... kinda wish i picked up on that one dood was selling one for only 150 bucks.
          go check out heeltoeauto.com. When i less checked they were 384 not sure about shipping maybe another 50 bucks.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Magnaflow cat-backs?

How much extra horsepower do you think the magnaflow 2.25" cat-back exhaust adds to the f22a1 engine? Does anyone have this set-up? I'm looking to get my engine from the stock 125 hp up to about 140 hp. And I've already got a 2.75" cold-air intake of ebay too. Magnaflow seems to sound pretty good on cb7's and they're like $420 from ebaystores, seems like a good buy. I just want to make sure it's a good buy before I go and spend money on it. Any idea's on performance with magnaflow?

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Well by simply adding an exhaust it won't get you up to 140, but magnaflow does have some nice sounding exhausts

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Magnaflow makes a decent cat-back, as well as Tanabe, Apex'i, RS-R, those are just a few.

Comment

92 ex sounds great with a matrixs2 exhaust tip with the cat taken off 2 1/2 pipe ran from manifold back

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda
                    i tried searching but it didnt work to well i was wondering what is the best non ricer sounding exhaust for our cars and also wondering if any one has taken there down pipe to see how sounds(yes i know you lose power and its kinda stupid)
                    yeah i here ya i am far from a newbi to hondas and accords but this site tries to make people think you are.. just gotta work your way up..

but for the 5spd accord the best sound i ever had was the short ram aem intake.. dc sport ceramic headers. obx high flow converter and the evo 3 cat back exhaust... not only did it sound good all together but had a noticably higher reving and speed increase of power withhout tuning..

i have a short ram aem obx high flow converer h22 oem down pipe pacesetter monza cat back and it has a verry nice sport sound unlike the full deep rumble of me f22.. i just wanted the h22 more of a sleeper without sacrificing performance.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                    X