Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ball joint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ball joint?

yo! guys i need some help? if yall can go check out youtube type in 90 accord. theres a video of a 90 accord runnin loose on a ball joint. n it sounds really bad. my is started to sound like that at 75 mph. what do yall think i should got for? a. new ball joints or b. camber kits also my bottom ball joints r bleedin too, should i got ahead n replace those too. the ride is drop also. do all think the problem will stop when i get it fix or it well b too late? let me know yall. thanks

If your ball joint boots are cracked, replace them ASAP. A failed ball joint will be catastrophic, and at 75mph, it would most likely kill you.

I had a wrecked DX in my driveway. I wanted to move it further into the driveway, so I had my wife steer while I pushed. The lower ball joints weren't on properly... the angle of the wheel was scary. I would NOT want to imagine that at speed!

Get joints from Honda. They cost more, but they will last. Cheap crap can fail, and the ball joints are quite possibly more important than your brakes!

Comment

to me yhe balljoints are the most scarist part of a cb7 my old cb7 use to squeak and next thing u know my tire came off it was very costly

Comment

You're lucky you didn't crash!

I believe that happened to Accord R33 as well... he had pictures of where his frame slid across the highway.

Comment

soo.... how much well it cost to install it at a honda dealer, if they do install? well ebay b ok? if not, where can i get a complete set of ball joints? thanks guys

Comment

BUY them at the Honda dealer... install them yourself or have them done elsewhere, as the dealer will be quite expensive. Ebay parts are not as good. I have ebay upper ball joints on my car now, and I'm not thrilled about it. I have yet to install the lowers, and I probably won't... Honda parts are the only ones I really trust.

Comment

are they easy to install? how much do u think for install somewhere? instead of honda dealer? yo? thanks man!

Comment

yo? u know the top ball joint? u think i can just replace that with a camber kit instead? n just order oem balljts for the lower ones. like i said before, car is lower 1.5

Comment

its a very simple install i needed to raplace mine went with ebay and balljoint popped right out of a-frame so i welded it in

Comment

Replacing the ball joint in the upper control arm is not recommended... It DOES come out, and some people have had success with replacing them with adjustible ones... but it really should be replaced as a unit.

Comment

yo? the upper one? can i just replace it with cambers? instead of the oem? is it easy to install the upper one n the buttom ones? let me know? very scary on top speed? thanks

Comment

well it be ok to purchase use ones? from the junk yard? for the top ones? n then i'm gonna order brand new ones for the lower ones. thanks

Comment

i just call honda dealership. n the guy said i had to get the whole control arm, for the top? but, he said the lower ones, i didn't have too, i can just install the ball joints.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            You're lucky you didn't crash!

I believe that happened to Accord R33 as well... he had pictures of where his frame slid across the highway.

that happened because (we beleive) some ass loosened his lug nuts and they sheered off causing the tire to come flying off.

Either way not a good experience. I would most definitely go with the Honda products. i wouldn't go with anything like that from the junkyard. to me its just not worth the hassle.

As for the bottoms ones their not too difficult to replace. A little time consuming yes but it can be done by yourself.
                            "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                            - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

i'm pretty sure yall know how the top ball joint look like? i was wonderin if i can just replace it with a adjustin ball joint? (camber kit). not anchor bolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X