Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

door handle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door handle problem

hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post. I'll been looking around for stuff about my car and when i first found this place, the first thing i thought was this is awesome. i didn't know that so many people tricked out their cars like that. so I've been looking around on this site for quite some time, and I'm totally digging this place.

for my question now. my car used to belong to a friend of mine and he had kids. the kids were playing with the handles and finally they broke (they were yanking the hell outta it?? iono...). there are a few things that needed to be done but unfortunately one of those problems finally gave in...

so im asking if you guys know how to replace a door handle and where i can find one like mine. I've been looking all over the net, but those are different door handles. i talked to two Honda dealerships, and one said they did find a part for my car for $30 a pop. the other was some turd that asked me for a model number, meh. so any who my friend said that these handles are very prone to break quite easily, but she did find the parts in some junk yard she found near by and was good as new.

check it out:

this is the drivers side and its the broken side i cant open the door at all so i gotta roll down my window and open it from the outside, lmao:

so this is another picture of me showing what happens when i pull the poor thing. ouch.

and on the other side it isn't broken and its still nice and solid but there appear to be cracks on it so sooner or later the same thing will happen to it. i want to change it also.

so please guys I'm wondering if you guys can help me out on this. thanks for your time. later

P.S.: between the handle to the lock, its all combined together.

get it new at the dealer.

they break after soo many years. easy to replace, a screw and slide forward, disconnect the harness and the rod and put it back really simple.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ebay is usually a good place to find handles. But replacing them, especially with "manuel" locks should be a simple task. GL.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Anyone know if they make any after market ones out of METAL?

I've already replaced my driver side (sedan) handle 3 times. Each time I replaced it with junkyard handles, so I imagine it has more to do with the age of the plastic (and how brittle it becomes) than how much I use it (they break almost immediately). Also, I've never felt like the driver handle lines up exactly the right way with the door panel and the door itself.

But yeah, I want a METAL handle. I wish.

If not, I've been trying to envision a way to set up metal bracket reenforcement behind the handle next time I install a new one.
        My Ride (Click here)

Comment

My handle doesnt seem to quite line up either I imagine you could fab a frame or brakcet, but i think whats breaking is the handle itself or something in the hinging mechanism You could always fab the entire thing, but for a door handle..that may not be worth it. Id stick to getting one from the dealer. See if they can give you new or slightly used.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

try a scrap yard. ya never know. As accordzetech said its one srew and slide forward. Use a pic to release the rod though you don't want to bread the clip that hold the rod in place. I use to work as an audio intaller and if we had to sometimes we would melt it back together with a soldering iron, sort of like welding plastic. Or dealership whatever ya like.

Good-by F22, Give me an H22!!

Comment

bitchin

fuckin aye. thanks you guys ill try the dealership then ill go see the shacks to see them, plus i need a few parts myself for the car, lol. anywho thanks guys for the help.

Comment

you guys also have to remember that these things are made out of plastic and plastic over time gets brittle and ductile over time. So, new plastic would probably be stronger and more durable than the handles you may find at junkyards which have been sitting outside in the unprotected environment where it rains, gets hot, dusty...whatever. I would suggest just going to the dealer and getting the new replacement. It cost me like 26 bucks when I first got my car 3.5 yrs ago and its doing its job. I mean old stuff breaks after awhile, and you can't really take care of plastic, right? Just don't pull the handle as hard and you should be aight.

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

yea my passenger side door handle looks like urs as well except its not very solid : /
                  im thinkin just gettin one off of ebay

Comment

Happened to me on the pass. side....I just haven't fixed it lol. I' haven't been able to find a handle for a coupe. Just hold it in place with one hand, and pull with the other, no need to go spending money :P lol.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner_Time
                      Happened to me on the pass. side....I just haven't fixed it lol. I' haven't been able to find a handle for a coupe. Just hold it in place with one hand, and pull with the other, no need to go spending money :P lol.

lol. we're so ghetto here.
                      My Ride (Click here)

Comment

Working...
                      X