Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

7,000 RPM To High????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7,000 RPM To High????

Guys I was on the free was trying to race a eclipse and me being so dumb I down shifted into second gear while going like 75mph and my rpm's shot up to 7,000 till I poped it back to fourth. I slowed down and took it easy. But I was scared that I might have hurt my engine. what do you guys think???

only dsm can abuse their motors like that

Comment

what kind of engine are we talkin about? F22? H22?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

you should be fine on a f22, think the stock rev limt is 7000(hold on, let me check.........................................yup, almost.....)

h22, think has 8200rpm so you had some more to push out....
        "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

puttin it to 7000rpm is pointless since it will stop making power after 5000 rpm. I don't recommend bringing the F22 to 7000 since it's way past the 6350 rpm redline.

but on the h22 , 7000 rpm is cake.

Comment

yeah my motor is a f22a1 with a aem short ram intake on it. the motor has 110,600 miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by newjdmdriver
              yeah my motor is a f22a1 with a aem short ram intake on it. the motor has 110,600 miles on it
              with such mileage , i wouldn't bring it to that rpm range.

Comment

yea, just dont be like rockin' over here, revving to over 10,000 or somthing like that, bottom end's not built for it, bearings will spin first....then who knows whats after that

btw: how DID rockin rev that high, dont he have a limiter??
                "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

you have nothing to worry about, just dont make it a common practice.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                    with such mileage , i wouldn't bring it to that rpm range.
                    mileage means nothing when the motor is well taken care of

Comment

yeah it was just that one time and i did it by mistake. I was just scared that I would mess up my motor

Comment

now im not a know it all or anything but honda put a rev limit on there for a reason. theyt made these engines to stay togther at 200,000 miles if the motor stops making power at 5000 and when you shift you drop 1600 or 1700 rpm then i would take it all the way to 6600 to 6700 and wouldnt worry about a thing. as long as you keep your maintence up on oil and tranny fluid you will be ok. i do have a degree in automotive engeneering. i have been a honda fan for a two years. dont knw the ins and outs but am learning.
                        please help me find this factory navigation unit

Comment

My F22a1 sounds nice, with 191k miles, but the crack in the header makes a not so nice ticking noise.
                          wat?

Comment

F22A6 had a rev limiter at 7k. I hit it once with a damn mis shift 1-2....But yea ive hit it a couple of times but I dont recommend it. I did it sometimes in first so it would be closer to powerband in second.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ive hit it once lol i was just driving normall and i was shifting from 3rd to 4th i shifted at 3500 and i accidently hit 2nd instead of 4th lol the rpms shot to 7k lol but it was only for a split second but then a few days later i revved it in neutral to 7k(i thought it was supposed to stop at 5-5500 or sonthin like that?)

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X