Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake going to the floor when A/C on!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake going to the floor when A/C on!!!!!!

I know that there is already a same topic posted in this forum. However, mine is kind of different, I think.

Regular driving without A/C on, the brake works fine. But, when the A/C's on, the brake is kind of weak. If I slightly push it, it most of the time will go to the floor.

Brake fluid level is fine and I found no leak.

Do you think it's because of whatever they call Master .... Cylinder? I searched around and found that some places suggested that this problem could be because brake fluid might be dirty and might need to be flushed.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Thanks.

if the brake fluid was dirty it would always be bad. about the ac thing maybe your car just isn't getting enough power to do both at the same time.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

you brake master cylinder is bad. i dont know the technical specifics but im going to try to explain it the best way i can.

brake fluid has a boiling point, obviously the hotter it gets the thinner it gets. now there is a piston in the master cylinder that creates pressure to give you brake pressure but it the seal on that piston get worn then the extremely thinned (hot) fluid blows by the seal and kills all neccesary pressure. the reason why it does it when the a/c is on is because having the AC on obviously makes you car work harder and therefore creates more heat, ultimately causing it to happen more often with a/c on. i had the same exact problem and bought i new master cylinder and the problem WENT AWAY it didnt just make it a little better it solved it. at any rate this is my personal opinion on the situation this may be a completely inaccurate but you get the idea

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
        you brake master cylinder is bad. i dont know the technical specifics but im going to try to explain it the best way i can.

brake fluid has a boiling point, obviously the hotter it gets the thinner it gets. now there is a piston in the master cylinder that creates pressure to give you brake pressure but it the seal on that piston get worn then the extremely thinned (hot) fluid blows by the seal and kills all neccesary pressure. the reason why it does it when the a/c is on is because having the AC on obviously makes you car work harder and therefore creates more heat, ultimately causing it to happen more often with a/c on. i had the same exact problem and bought i new master cylinder and the problem WENT AWAY it didnt just make it a little better it solved it. at any rate this is my personal opinion on the situation this may be a completely inaccurate but you get the idea

-sean
        Agreed. New brake master cylinder.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

i agree and also check the booster too or get new also

Originally posted by Devergote
          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I don't know why the problem sometimes gets worse when the AC is on, but its your brake master cylinder. I had the same problem on my 90, it fixed it right up.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
              And through the window in the wall
              Come streaming in on sunlight wings
              A million bright ambassadors of morning.

And no one sings me lullabyes
              And no one makes me close my eyes

So I throw the windows wide
              And call to you across the sky....
              I know this one... Pink Floyd - "Echoes"... I had to look up your last one! Great song.

AND... yes, replace or have your master cylinder replaced. That should be what is wrong... BTW, when it goes to the floor, do you notice that the vehicle pulls to one side? The master cylinder is separated into two chambers, so that if one piston fails you'll still have half the system working. The brakes are linked front left with right rear, front right with left rear and if a piston seal goes bad, the car should pull slightly to one side as the brake goes to the floor. The problem should also be worse on hotter days and when the car is warmed up than from a cold start or on a cold day.
              Last edited by Canadaman005; 07-31-2007, 01:36 AM.
              -Christopher 1993 Accord DX 5spd
              Macon, GA

The Genisis of Digital Beauty:

Comment

hehe, I was hoping someone would get the last one! Oh well, not enough floydists around in cb7

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Thanks you all for quick and informative responses. You guys and this site are awesome. I'll get MBC soon.

I've never worked on the brake system, so what is the "Booster"?

Any pix would help a lot.

This site has been helping me a lot on my ride. Here is the result of the inspiration from this site. I'll make one post for my car later in the right forum once my neons project is done. (You can call me ricer, if you wish. For now, I just want to work only on how the car looks)

Thanks again.

It's come a little far from last year.

Comment

Here's the parts diagram, #6 in the pic is the brake booster. From what I've read in this forum it is rarely the point of failure on CB7s even with high (200k+) miles:
                    #2 is the complete master cylinder.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ASTER+CYLINDER
                    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

master cyl. as said above. most likely your brake booster isn't the problem.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                        master cyl. as said above. most likely your brake booster isn't the problem.
                        x2 they hardly ever go bad

-sean
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Thanks a ton. I'll be changing it this coming Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comment

got it replaced and it's working perfectly. Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                            X