Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Break Light check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Light check

so yeah on my dash i keep getting that light tht says break light check and i checked my break lights and everything and i dont have any burned out bulbs. do you think thiers something wrong with my break relay? (i think thats what its called?)

"You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive."

Is it the one near the top or near the bottom?
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

wait wut top or bottom? the indicator?

Comment

o0h! i think i got wut u meant...its the bottom one...its the indicator tht says if i have a burned bulb....any idea's why it keeps lighting up?

Comment

There was a guy just asking about that light indicator last week and a guy on here told him that light normally comes on, on our cars some point or another. Its not really a problem if you have checked all the bulbs and everything is ok
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

oh okay thats good to hear.

is their any way to make it go away tho?

Comment

why would it normally come on?? it should only come on if there is a break in the circuit, thats what trips it im thinking. so are you sure you checked ALL the brake light bulbs? even the top third brake light on top of the rear deck? what about the turn signals, and back-up lights? are those all working? i dont really know if that will set it off since none of my signals or reverse lights have gone out. but its worth a shot. or maybe its a faulty connection between the bulb and the socket? just check all of them and see if that works

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Check 3 things

Check all the bulbs, brake, turn, back-up, both with pedal down and up, and the third brake light.

Check that you're not low on brake fluid and that the top is on and screwed on correctly.

Lastly you may need to replace the little modules located in the brake lights.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

ive got the same problem. sometimes it comes on and sometimes it goes off. but they work fine so its just w/e
                  Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                  Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Thats what the guy said it was. Those little black boxes that control the lights may be bad or not sending a good signal. Either way if all the bulbs are good then you are ok

Comment

i have the same problem in a way but, i just ignore mine, the brake lamp lights comes up when i hit my brakes but al that matters is taht they work right
                      My 93 Accord Ex
                      Myspace

Comment

yeah at first i didnt mind it either...but now i hav SRS light going off cuz i put a aftermarket wheel...soo i have two bright red lights...n its annoying...

Comment

one of my brake light sensors is probably bad so mine is on all the time for the past 7 months, I cant wait until it burns out since its so annoying.
                          1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                          ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                          OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

yeah like when i 1st start my car....its gone...but when i tap on my break peddal it starts to light up

Comment

like they said check if your low on brake fluid

vanillagorilla A.k.A glock22
                              Then one day I meet a man,
                              He came to me and said,
                              "Hard work good and hard work fine,
                              but first take care of head"

Comment

Working...
                              X