Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to CB7tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to CB7tuner

ok whats up guys. first off i own a 89 nissan sileighty and a 92 CB7. ive always loved CB7's because when i had my wrx my boy had a whiite one and we used to run around all over and i just got a love for them. the only reason i got another car is because my sil80 is getting painted. i saw a CB7 2 dr 5 speed and it was only 2k so i picked it up. since i got it i installed skunk 2 coilovers and kyb agx shocks. i have put a down payment on a f20b swap for the CB7. once i get it in my posession and install it im going to turbo it because i have an extra T25 laying around because i have a garrett gt2871r on my sil80. its going to be a work in progress pretty soon. well thats about it. let me know if anyone has questions or just statements. i am always on a forum called www.tamparacing.com so yea. thanks for your time.
    -JJ
    89 - Sileighty
    92 - CB7

isn't the f20b out of the s2k? that's rear wheel drive son, I'm sure it'll be worth the money and time but god dammit good luck haha.

And sort of the same thing happened to me before I fell in love with the CB7. CB7lx91 is my good friend and when he got his CB7 I thought it was the most ugly thing I've ever seen. But the CB grew on me more and more as he started putting money into it and laying the smack down on other cars.

however, a sideways CB7 (if I'm right) holy christ yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92
      isn't the f20b out of the s2k? that's rear wheel drive son, I'm sure it'll be worth the money and time but god dammit good luck haha.

And sort of the same thing happened to me before I fell in love with the CB7. CB7lx91 is my good friend and when he got his CB7 I thought it was the most ugly thing I've ever seen. But the CB grew on me more and more as he started putting money into it and laying the smack down on other cars.

The F20C is the s2000 motor. The F20b is out out the accord EuRo R. Anyways there have been a few people who have tossed the idea of a RWD accord around. But i think only one guy has made an attempt at it. Anyways welcome man sounds like you have a pretty good stable of cars going. But I have a question. Why would you put money into the CB when you could just use it to buy more parts for the sileighty? Are you planning on keeping the CB after you get the sileighty back?
      Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Originally posted by Hondatuner998
        The F20C is the s2000 motor. The F20b is out out the accord EuRo R. Anyways there have been a few people who have tossed the idea of a RWD accord around. But i think only one guy has made an attempt at it.
        first off, welcome!

as for ^, i dont think he even got around to starting it. he talked about it a few years ago (long before i joined, or even had my license! ) but he never went through with it.

and , the F20B is a good choice. if i found a complete swap up here for fairly cheap id like to do it. will you be getting the whole swap or just the engine? either way it makes the car a lot of fun.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

T25 on an F20B? You've gotta be kidding me!

First, that turbo is TINY for that motor... I know it's a 2.0L, so it's a little better than putting it on a 2.2L... but still... Small turbo means heat. Heat means boom. I wouldn't put that turbo on an F22A, let alone an expensive F20B! (I WAS going to use a t25 on an F22A... but I also had every intention of blowing it up!)

Second, you do realize that the F20B has crazy high compression, right? 11:1, I believe. That'll be an adventure to turbo!

If your F22A is still good, just boost that (with something bigger than a t25!). If not, I would invest in a cheaper motor (like the F22B DOHC, or another F22A) for turbo... and spend the difference on a GOOD turbo!

The F20B is a fantastic NA engine, though the H22A is still a bit more well-rounded. The F20B has a more narrow powerband, and less low-end grunt. The redline is fun though!

Finally, can you get a sil-eighty in the US? Or did you do a conversion? I wanna see pics!

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92

lol that would be pretty sick because i would slide the shit out of it. and that would be one hell of a project to complete. yea once i saw my boys CB7 a couple years ago i didnt like it at first but it grew on me and once i got my other car and saw that one i had to get it.

Originally posted by Hondatuner998
            The F20C is the s2000 motor. The F20b is out out the accord EuRo R. Anyways there have been a few people who have tossed the idea of a RWD accord around. But i think only one guy has made an attempt at it. Anyways welcome man sounds like you have a pretty good stable of cars going. But I have a question. Why would you put money into the CB when you could just use it to buy more parts for the sileighty? Are you planning on keeping the CB after you get the sileighty back?
            well, my sileighty is getting painted as i said and i also have a version select version IV body kit on it, 18x8.5 (front) and 18x9.5 (rear) black rims with a polished lip, and a 180sx spoiler. and that pretty much completes the "look" of the car and then i got a sr20 swap w/ greddy vspl fmic, custom hot-pipe, hks ssqv bov, greddy cometic head gasket, hks rocker arm stoppers, full turbo back Apex N1 3' exhaust, bored out cat, dna motorsports boost controller, ACT stage 2 6 puck clutch, ACT lightened flywheel, s14 5 lug conversion, s14 SE rims, restored interior (besides seats), s13 silvia front, JDM half/half turn signals, walbro 255 fuel pump, JL audio w6v2 13.5" sub, pioneer premier speakers and tweeters all the way around, pioneer premier head unit, and a JL audio 500/1 channel amp, and many other misc. modifications. so therefore once i get my car back from getting painted it will pretty much be a 85% completed project. right now i have a zex wet shot nitrous kit, garrett GT2871R turbo, and a AEM wideband waiting for me to get the rest of parts i need for install. so therefore all i need is seats, manifold, wastegate, and steel braided lines. once i get all that my car will be completed. corbeau racing seats up front and matching fabrication on rear seats and door panels. and that will be it! and the CB7 i plan on building into a clean boosted DD and probably keeping for a decent amount of time.

Originally posted by 91 EX-R
            first off, welcome!

as for ^, i dont think he even got around to starting it. he talked about it a few years ago (long before i joined, or even had my license! ) but he never went through with it.

and , the F20B is a good choice. if i found a complete swap up here for fairly cheap id like to do it. will you be getting the whole swap or just the engine? either way it makes the car a lot of fun.
            the whole motor swap is what i be getting lol

Originally posted by deevergote
            T25 on an F20B? You've gotta be kidding me!

First, that turbo is TINY for that motor... I know it's a 2.0L, so it's a little better than putting it on a 2.2L... but still... Small turbo means heat. Heat means boom. I wouldn't put that turbo on an F22A, let alone an expensive F20B! (I WAS going to use a t25 on an F22A... but I also had every intention of blowing it up!)

Second, you do realize that the F20B has crazy high compression, right? 11:1, I believe. That'll be an adventure to turbo!

If your F22A is still good, just boost that (with something bigger than a t25!). If not, I would invest in a cheaper motor (like the F22B DOHC, or another F22A) for turbo... and spend the difference on a GOOD turbo!

The F20B is a fantastic NA engine, though the H22A is still a bit more well-rounded. The F20B has a more narrow powerband, and less low-end grunt. The redline is fun though!

Finally, can you get a sil-eighty in the US? Or did you do a conversion? I wanna see pics!
            first, a sr20 motor is a 2.0 unless stroked to 2.3 and they also make a n/a sr20 that comes in a 200sx and other cars. and my boy was running a t25 on his CB7 with a fmic and a aluminum radiator and it never overheated once. and yes the compression is high but as of now my main focus is swapping this car and completing my sil80 project. since i have a garrett GT2871R that is going on my sil80 that means i have a t25 laying around once i swap the turbo onto my 240. im sure once i complete project sileighty ill throw like a garrett gt28r on the CB7 or something along those lines. but that is all i really want to do to the cb7 is just BPU bolt ons. but once i get my sil80 project complete and swap the CB7 im going to buy another s13 and make another sil80/silvia/180sx and that one is going to be gutted w/ roll cage and fully built, and rhd. and ill probably have another 240 in my possession in about 2 months.
            89 - Sileighty
            92 - CB7

Comment

Ok man, you're the expert. Good luck with that! (I never said anything about overheating)

Comment

can you get a sil-eighty in the US? Or did you do a conversion? I wanna see pics!
                i bought my 240 for $400 and did everything to restore it. when i bought it it was a mess. it had a blown KA and no interior what so ever, no dash (240s are famous for having cracked dashes, and i bought a new one) and the body was simply shitty. BUT ill show you some pictures and some videos of my sil80 in some runs. keep in mind im running on 13psi and about 245hp.these first couple pics are from a s chassis meet that i held in tampa a lil while ago. i had a pretty successful turnout.

Heres my car when i first got it.

89 - Sileighty
                92 - CB7

Comment

Ok man, you're the expert. Good luck with that! (I never said anything about overheating)
                  its not like that though. im going to keep the t25 on there until i can get the money to get another turbo. i may not even install the t25 on it because by doing that id have to buy a manifold and shit. so i may just save up and buy a turbo kit. and sorry about the overheating thing i must have miss understood.
                  89 - Sileighty
                  92 - CB7

Comment

now heres just random pics of my car before it entered the paint booth.

89 - Sileighty
                    92 - CB7

Comment

89 - Sileighty
                      92 - CB7

Comment

Now here is some pics from the s chassis meet i held.

89 - Sileighty
                        92 - CB7

Comment

89 - Sileighty
                          92 - CB7

Comment

now here are some of the videos.

Getting raped by turbo civic

Mustang GT

Different Mustang GT race 1

GT race 2

M3

RB25DET s13 coupe

sil80 vs. silvia
                            Last edited by SliDing SiL80; 08-14-2007, 09:02 AM.
                            89 - Sileighty
                            92 - CB7

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                              X