Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear Brakelight Problem!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Brakelight Problem!!

I've got a 91 Accord EX and am building it from the ground up. In my work, I found that the rear brake light (the one in the window) is out!! My first thought is of course, the bulb... replaced it and it's not it! My second thought: fuses. Checked them all just to be safe... nothing there! I unplugged the light in the trunk and plugged it into the door lights (since they have the same size plug) and to my surprise... it worked! So, here's my dilemma: what else can I try folks?? There aren't any noticeable worn wires or splices anywhere either. HELP ME PLEASE Thanks!

check the connector, i was having a similar issue. sometimes corrosion build up and does not let the bulb make contact

also check the little boxes on the actual tail light
    Members Ride

Comment

the light and cable that attaches is flawless as well as i can tell. i even made sure to clean the contact to expose some better metal for the contacts. any other suggestions?

p.s. any idea if i even need it? i've been asking around locally and the common response, "if it was there to start with, you need to have it" is what i get.

Comment

do your regular brake lights work???

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

if they dont check the plug on the pedal if its not connected youll have no brake lights

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

i have the same problem with mine the one in the window doesnt work but i think its the lil black box like blackcb7 said me personally ima go to the junkyard dis wknd and pull one off of a car just to make sure. but im actually not to worried bout it bc my brakelights work
            Accord Hybrid

Comment

yea, my regular brake lights DO work. that's the weird thing. happen to know if you need that third brake light anyway?? the inspection place i go to isn't really strict on much at all either. thanks!

Comment

Have you tried unplugging the middle light harness and using one of the rear trunk light harnesses to test? you can unplug the rear trunk light like you did the middle one and use it's harness to test. There may be a problem with the wires that the bulb plugs into like a short or open circuit? ........ does that make any sense? its hard to explain....
                Accords Rock!

My Ride!

Comment

we'll have to meet up later today and you can show me what you're talking about. that will make better sense. catch ya later!

p.s. i'm off work @ 4.
                  Last edited by TeamAccord; 09-05-2007, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with mine also. I had the oem trunk spoiler on the car and removed it. I don't think my window light ever worked before because it had the led's in the wing. Now that the wing is off I have to get this window light to work. Like everybody else I've already checked the bulb, fuses and connectors.

Comment

Check your local laws, but more than likely, you do not need that 3rd brake. In most cases, and states, as long as you have at least 1 brake light, there really isnt much they can do. But as long as youre running your trunklid lights, you should be fine. Im running my outer lights and my 3rd, and notihing so far. Wish i could help you figure out the problem with it though..GL with it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I'll take a stab at it

Teamaccord, not sure what your issue is, sorry. You may have a bad brake light sensor like blackcb7 said.

Dajap, remove the cover inside the tunk (Lisa, look in the tunk ) for the right brake light and see if there is a small gray or black box with one screw at the top and bottom that has a wire harness plugged into it. This will be the brake light sensor. If you find that you have a gray box, you will need to replace it with a black one (just go to the junk yard and get one) in order to send the signal back to the chmsl. Don't throw the gray one away in case you decide to remount the oem spoiler.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
                        Last edited by bigjoegood1; 09-05-2007, 12:21 PM. Reason: adding info
                        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                        ><((((º>

Comment

I was gonna it had something to do with signal not getting to/from it, but wasnt sure

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                            Teamaccord, not sure what your issue is, sorry. You may have a bad brake light sensor like blackcb7 said.

Dajap, remove the cover inside the tunk (Lisa, look in the tunk ) for the right brake light and see if there is a small gray or black box with one screw at the top and bottom that has a wire harness plugged into it. This will be the brake light sensor. If you find that you have a gray box, you will need to replace it with a black one (just go to the junk yard and get one) in order to send the signal back to the chmsl. Don't throw the gray one away in case you decide to remount the oem spoiler.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks, I'll have to check for that box when I go home from work. Good info! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X