Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 or 11:1 f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 or 11:1 f22

i have a chance to get an h22a for a good deal with less than 35,000 miles. my grandma is tired of her prelude. she saw the new accord coupe and wants one. she said i could have her prelude for $2200. but my dart sleeves just come in for my f22. i dont know what to do. i'd like to see what an f22 would do with 11:1's. a prelude type-s make 220hp with 11:1 at the flywheel, what would an f22 make at the flywheel with the same compression. probably close to the same and if not it can't be too much less.
    Attached Files

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

the real question is which one gives you more bragging rights

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
      the real question is which one gives you more bragging rights
      Ok there Brian O'conner.

If you already have Dartons coming in, just spend the money on the F22. There has been a pretty big F22 revolution lately. I think the true potential of it has yet to be realized.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

you could build up the f22 bottom and use the h22 head.
        miss my turbo cb7
        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Build the F22... get the Prelude as a daily driver while you build the Accord

Comment

Yeah man if you can get an H22 Prelude for $2200 then that's your daily driver right there. Or at least clean it up and sell it for more than you paid.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Arias 12:1 pistons ftw
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sell the sleeves. Then swap the entire drivetrains, keep the f22 lude as a DD or sell it, you got a H22 cb7 190Hp and Honda reliability and a better base to build on if that's not enough power. Running 11:1 is just asking for trouble imo especially when you started with 8:1
                MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                  sell the sleeves. Then swap the entire drivetrains, keep the f22 lude as a DD or sell it, you got a H22 cb7 190Hp and Honda reliability and a better base to build on if that's not enough power. Running 11:1 is just asking for trouble imo especially when you started with 8:1

I'm not sure i agree with that...Especially if you are sleeving, building the motor properly. I cant see the point in swapping the h22 out of the lude though. If its in good shape i would prolly drive that.

Well...I would strip it and tweak the motor out. Build an all-motor auto-x prelude on the cheap. That way when I put it into the wall i wont be so pissed

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                    Ok there Brian O'conner.

If you already have Dartons coming in, just spend the money on the F22. There has been a pretty big F22 revolution lately. I think the true potential of it has yet to be realized.
                    i completely agree
                    i wanna swap, but i wanna build the f22 up(maybe even turbo) and prove wat i can really do

Find me in the canyons

Comment

I've seen a lot of people try to build f22's...their reasoning is always "If I build it right it will work" but the simple fact is...the f22 is not a performance engine...you will have to change every single part...but even still...one guy spent thousands rebuilding, sleeving, blue printing, turbo...etc etc...only to have a rod bearing spin...he scrapped the whole thing.

The other question...how many performance parts are there for the f22 versus the h22? Since the h22 is a more popular build and since it is more towards performance it will be much easier to find parts to build it.

You can do it...but don't expect any crazy numbers at all...it's just not worth it. The h22 is built a little different too but...hmm...I would drive one while building the other...also

the prelude has better handling from stock...you could build the cb7 but again...giving numbers to performance...when you start at a 8 it's easier to reach 10 then if you start at a 5
                      ____

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Build the F22... get the Prelude as a daily driver while you build the Accord
                        I was thinking same thing, project cars will always have SOME problems.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                          I've seen a lot of people try to build f22's...their reasoning is always "If I build it right it will work" but the simple fact is...the f22 is not a performance engine...you will have to change every single part...but even still...one guy spent thousands rebuilding, sleeving, blue printing, turbo...etc etc...only to have a rod bearing spin...he scrapped the whole thing.
                          That occurred from loss of lubrication/excessive heat, which is a result of a bad build. ANY engine can be built, you just have to know what to improve, if it needs it.

Even stock engines spin bearings, this mean they built bad? Lack of maintenance is another cause as well.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Whatever you do, definitely get the h22 lude for such a great price.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

The other question...how many performance parts are there for the f22 versus the h22? Since the h22 is a more popular build and since it is more towards performance it will be much easier to find parts to build it.

That's what I was saying. bcjammrex just said it much better
                              MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                              If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X