Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AC blower motor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC blower motor issue

ok recently I've been having trouble with my blower motor not working, I believe it's binding but I can't seem to find out why. The first time it stopped I took it to the shop and all they did was take off the bottom intake peice and it started to work again. The second time it happened I took off the cover and searched around in there to see if it was binding or something, but everything I messed with was tight and not causing any problems. Then I checked it out after I put the cover on it and it worked. Now the wierd thing is whenever it stops working now I just hit the bottom cover and it will start working again ... I notice that everytime it stops working is when it's not running, like if the car's off, or if I have the fan turned off. Could it be something with the bearings or is there something I'm not seeing?

any help is appreciated! Thanks!
    90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

probably worn bearings allowing it to get off center a bit.

could be some debris in there too, or something else obstructing it
    "As far as the prog references go, we embrace them. However, we would prefer our new moniker, which is a Mulligan stew of progressive rock, Bulgarian folk metal, rock ’n’ roll, ’80s disco and Christian rap that we like to call Munge." (Maynard James Keenan cited in Boston Herald, 2006)

Comment

Ok, ya I was thinking it might be the bearings, but wasn't sure. Anyway can I get those from a place like Autozone or are they alittle more specialized than that?
      90 LX, 270,XXX miles strong!

Comment

well.. you might check the plug for the blower motor.. because there is a contact switch in there that might be going out !! i had that problem before.

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I'd just replace the blower motor with another used one. You are gonna have to take it out anyway to look at it. Its a pain in the ass to replace but its doable. I replaced one in a 91 last fall. I got one off ebay for like $30

Comment

i had the same problem as you did i could hit the bottom of it and it would start working...finally it just stopped all together so thats...when i went to the junkyard and pulled one from another accord. They charged me like 25 dollars for it. so maybe u could go that route or order it from ebay like verbaltec said
            Accord Hybrid

Comment

Working...
            X