Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What to do with extra rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with extra rims

So...worn upper bawlz jointz (sorry...can't help myself) has left me with a front right tire showing steel...and since I've just dumped a little under 100 bucks for my f22a6 stock to stock swap up...I'm feeling a bit cramped for cash.

With school starting...tomorrow...and needing to buy $300 in books...for ONE class...to hell with the others...I don't think replacing that tire is gonna happen.

OH SO many times I've thought..."I'de like to rid myself of my steelies...and maybe put some integra rims on my honda" cause...I like how they look...but...how likely is it that I'll find an acura laying around...much less one with the same bolt pattern as my old honda?
    (I live in a small...small...area...no big junk lots...so the answer is slim to none)

I could buy some aftermarket rims sure...but...to expensive...and I just can't bring myself to go and BUY some alloys off another accord cause...I don't think they'd be the "look" I like. But again...the cash issue comes up...a little short right now...

I've also seen posts here of folks being able to put 240sx rims on their accords...but again...who's got an '89 240sx with 4 lug pattern...just LAYING AROUND not being driven???

HOLY SHAT I DO!!!!

Well tonight folks I realized all over again...how much I love driving the cb7...I mean...I'm adding on stock parts to bump the HP up by 15 HP maybe...and now...I'm going to be able to swap stock rims from my NISSAN 240sx to my stock honda for a VERY agressive look...and might I add...on the front wheel swap only test drive...the handling...VERY quick!!!

Now...the only issue...the hub on the 240 is bigger than the honda...I've gotten the rims centered right (no vibrations at all) but I'm just a little worried that the hub no longer supports any of the weight...it's ALL on the lugs...and I don't think that's a good thing.

Needless to say while this looks hella bad ass and the handling has GREATLY improved...I don't think I will be keeping this set up...only long enough to replace my tires on the steelies...

I mean...the rims should rest on the hubs right?

As to the offset...they seem to be very similar...
    ____

pt6 manual or auto i can do either if you want it now

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

where at in ohio?sorry this dont relate to the thread

Comment

Get the rims bored out to the outer diameter of your hub, if their just sitting on the lugs, they could easily snap over time, and they will cause more rust as water can now sit right in the wells of the lug nuts.

Rust on the studs of course.
        90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
        2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

You can purchase Hub-centric rings. They are tough plastic rings that fit into the Wheel hub and bring it down to your hub size. Also, Hondas are lug-centric, im pretty sure they support the weight of the car anyway. The only vehicle i can think of offhand that isnt lug-centric are ford trucks, f-150s and such.

At any rate, i dont think you will have any problems.

Comment

Hey slammed4thgen, I've got an automatic pt6 and I've been told it will work with a 5 speed without modifications...I'll install it and see what happens...if no codes then I'll go ahead with the intake swapage...course I'm not going to do the cam just yet.

But out of curiosity...how much? shipped to 75683 (north east texas)

Oh yeah...the hubs on the 240 are larger than the honda so they fit on with no problems...the hub just doesn't center them at all.

From some more searching I've done...no one seems to think this is an issue...I've got 4 lugs torqued down so I've got what...over 300 foot pounds holding each wheel to the hub...these are hubcentric but...the weight isn't really on the hub...it's not really on the lugs either....once it's all tightened they are held tightly to the hub facing and that is where the weight sits...

If the weight was on the center hub or the lugs then the weight would shift as the tire rotated...that would vibrate...hince why the lugs pull the rim onto the hub and the mating surfaces make them become like one piece...what? yeah...it's cool...I understand me...HA HA HA...yeah the lugs actually centered the rim quit nicely...as long as they are tightened slowly (and with 5 lug in the proper order) no probs...

At any rate...I don't think I need to worry either...they are centered on there and locked down good...so...I might just keep them on...I like how they look...

The car steers VERY quickly...so...kinda made me sweat a little when I changed lanes going 90 this morning (test drive after install) it really quickly went into the lane...SO...I did some more lane changes...did some cornering...got a feel...the car just GOES where I tell it too...I'm sure the rubber has some say in this...going from hard long life tires to softer "performance" tires will do that...but they are wider.

I THINK the car sits a little higher...and I'm pretty sure these are a little wider...so now maybe my speedo will be dead on (it read 3mph slower than what I was going before swap) I'll have to take 'er on the interstate and use mile markers to test it though. I don't really trust those "YOUR SPEED IS ___" thingies the cops put up...

All in all...I'm diggin' this new look...she just looks...right...you know? I don't have the center caps on cause they say "Nissan"
            Last edited by bcjammerx; 08-28-2007, 02:13 AM.
            ____

Comment

Working...
            X