Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

are Exhaust Headers Bolt Ons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are Exhaust Headers Bolt Ons?

How are Headers Intalled?

i found these on ebay
    Click Here

Are these decent

im not buying now but maybe a future project

would i be able to change these myself?

i have a jack,tools, etc nothing toooo professional

Another Question on these

Catback Exhaust
    Click Here

Are these also bolt ons? and would i be able to change these myself?

would the o2, etc still fit on these aftermarket ones?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

yes its a bolt on.... the bolts will kick your ass though :P the studs like to come outof the head as well instead of the nut coming off the stud no big deal .... and the catback will be bolt on too but honestly i rather buy my header downpipe combo get you a racing cat and a resinator and muffler of your choice and let a shop weld and custom bend all your pipe for you

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Yea, as a matter of fact i bought headers from motorenergy on ebay like a month ago, i was very impressed, i have a 92 accord and the 4-2-1 headers i got from Motorenergy bolted on perfectly, like a glove. But if you decide to do this, the exhaust system is a pain in the ass to work on. However, loosening the 9 12 mm nuts that are on the head is the walk in the park part of the project. if the studs come out, what you want to do is take 2 of the nuts and put them back on the stud and tighten them together against eachother on the stud. (the stud is the bolt like part that sticks off of the head of your cb7. and after you tighten then nuts against eachother (which can easily be done with 2 "slim" 12 mm wrenches (open end). then screw the studs back into the head. THE REALLLL PAIN IN THE ASS PART. is jacking the car up, crawling near the middle of it, and taking off the 3 rusted to hell nuts and bolts from the down pipe. dude, i got so pissed a week or 2 ago when i was putting the headers i got from motorenergy on because it took like 4 hours and a can of PB blaster to get the damn 3 bolts off. I had procrastinated a lot durring most of that time, my girl said something to piss me off and i rolled under my car with a wrench and socket, GOT DEM SUMBITCHES OFF REAL QUICK. but ya man, hope this helps. Have a good one. ne questions go ahead and PM me
      Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

They should be as long as you buy the proper application...

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so the headers

are decent?

would i get like more acceleration or what?

from it

why do i see people with out a heatshield on intake manifold (i think )

i'll do exhaust in the future

but yeah i want to fix my idle problem as of now !!

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
            Yea, as a matter of fact i bought headers from motorenergy on ebay like a month ago, i was very impressed, i have a 92 accord and the 4-2-1 headers i got from Motorenergy bolted on perfectly, like a glove. But if you decide to do this, the exhaust system is a pain in the ass to work on. However, loosening the 9 12 mm nuts that are on the head is the walk in the park part of the project. if the studs come out, what you want to do is take 2 of the nuts and put them back on the stud and tighten them together against eachother on the stud. (the stud is the bolt like part that sticks off of the head of your cb7. and after you tighten then nuts against eachother (which can easily be done with 2 "slim" 12 mm wrenches (open end). then screw the studs back into the head. THE REALLLL PAIN IN THE ASS PART. is jacking the car up, crawling near the middle of it, and taking off the 3 rusted to hell nuts and bolts from the down pipe. dude, i got so pissed a week or 2 ago when i was putting the headers i got from motorenergy on because it took like 4 hours and a can of PB blaster to get the damn 3 bolts off. I had procrastinated a lot durring most of that time, my girl said something to piss me off and i rolled under my car with a wrench and socket, GOT DEM SUMBITCHES OFF REAL QUICK. but ya man, hope this helps. Have a good one. ne questions go ahead and PM me
            are these the ones you bought ?
            click here

Comment

looks like those are what he got. heastshield should be on the exaust manifold. after market headers do not come with a heatshield or use the stock one so some people use a product like header wrap to cut down heat, which can make a HP difference. and yes you should feel some difference in acceleration not much but some mostly after 4,000 RPM

Comment

yea those are the same ones i bought. and there is a spot for your o2 sensor btw, i wanted to say that on my previously posted reply, but forgot. and as far as acceleration goes, you should notice it pick up a little better, if you got a new exhaust system as you were saying... you would DEF feel the pickup increase. idk your idle problem, but i think i might have seen your post about it. I had an idle problem too, im doing an f22a1 to f22b2 swap right now, i think im gonna have the same idle problem, because im using the same head, i think it might be the EACV (electronic air control valve) im gonna take it off and clean the shit out of it, im sure if i get all the carbon build up off of it my idle will fix itself through the ecu. i really hope so or else im going to go nuts not knowing whats wrong. If that doesnt work though, im going to guess that there is a vac leak somewhere, i wont be able to find out until i get a new clutch to throw on this new motor tho, im not doin my swap until i get it. So if you dont find out within a month, i will be able to help you out because me and a few dudes of mine are going to tackle the fuck out of my build. I'll make sure i help you if i find out what wrong though.
                Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

i need to fix my idleling problem

i cleaned iacv valve
                  checked all other valves close to that one
                  i hear a hiss noise

could be a vacccum leak but i can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
                    yea those are the same ones i bought. and there is a spot for your o2 sensor btw, i wanted to say that on my previously posted reply, but forgot. and as far as acceleration goes, you should notice it pick up a little better, if you got a new exhaust system as you were saying... you would DEF feel the pickup increase. idk your idle problem, but i think i might have seen your post about it. I had an idle problem too, im doing an f22a1 to f22b2 swap right now, i think im gonna have the same idle problem, because im using the same head, i think it might be the EACV (electronic air control valve) im gonna take it off and clean the shit out of it, im sure if i get all the carbon build up off of it my idle will fix itself through the ecu. i really hope so or else im going to go nuts not knowing whats wrong. If that doesnt work though, im going to guess that there is a vac leak somewhere, i wont be able to find out until i get a new clutch to throw on this new motor tho, im not doin my swap until i get it. So if you dont find out within a month, i will be able to help you out because me and a few dudes of mine are going to tackle the fuck out of my build. I'll make sure i help you if i find out what wrong
                    though.
                    Thanks man keep me updated

Comment

Yes those 2 things are bolt ons. You should be able to change them yourself. Make sure you have a can of PB blaster through. The hardest part what removing the downpipe from the header. You cant get a socket on straight(well i couldnt), so i bought on of those that extentions things that move around, i dont know what they are called, but it got it in straight and was a peice of cake
                      Thats the hardest part, UNLESS, the bolts that connect to the cat are rusted on to the point of being fused together. One time i had to heat it up with a torch and use a vice-grip to take it off.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                        Thanks man keep me updated
                        haha dude, you know what, i went through your posts, we are having relatively the same idle problem... tell you what, if you figure it out first let me know, as soon as i do, i'll let you know. I know it was killing me too, it would idle normal at low temps, then as the car got warm enough... it surged up and down and up and down, its drivin me nuts. We'll figure it out though. Umm i added you on aim, go ahead put me on your buddy list. Luke57803 ttyl man, sleep time, east coast, school tomorrow.
                        Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

luke, your problem isn't in the iac. Your fast idle thermo valve needs to be cleaned and tightened inside.

yes once in a while the iac will cause this but a lot of the time it is either a air pocket in coolant or the FITV. It is a real easy fix. On f22Ax it is on the front of the IM on the plenum on the right side while you are looking at the motor from straight on. take the cover off of the top and wipe and carbon or what ever that black shit is out and screw that white thing with the two slots down til it is tight. Then put some vasaline on the o-ring and put the cover back on. Be careful that the o-ring doesn't fall out of place.

Luke you have the h23 manifold on that A6 head that i put on the b2 block i sold you. So yours is a little different. I will fix that this weekend before I put your motor in. Oh and did you get that car up to your garage yet???? The clock is ticking, sunday is coming up real fast.
                          vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                            so the headers

are decent?

would i get like more acceleration or what?

from it

why do i see people with out a heatshield on intake manifold (i think )

i'll do exhaust in the future

but yeah i want to fix my idle problem as of now !!
                            Cheapy headers don't really do that much in my opinion but make ricey sounds. Luke's header has huge ports that are way bigger than the ports on the head. It is a nice header made of good material with nice welds but if the ports don't line up or don't flow smooth then you are better off with a factory manifold for power and sound. If you want good product that holds up and is good for making gains then go with dc sports or greddy or apexi. I guess you get what you pay for. I have bought cheap headers and ever since i bought a DC i have never bought a cheap header again. I realized they were a waste of money when i bought a cheap header for my gsr and i was only running a 15.3 with the header and before i was running 15 flat all day long.
                            vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Working...
                            X