Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 or F22b dohc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 or F22b dohc?

im planning on doing some work to my cb7 but dont know which would be better to do. H23 turboed or F22b dohc turboed? my cousin was telling H23 with turbo and someone else was telling me H23 with H22 vtec head so i want to know your opinions

H23 with H22 head is notorious for spun bearings

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

h23 and f22b are basically the same motor (besides that 0.1 liter). Although both have their ups and down, all in all they aren't too different. So I'd stay with the full motor (either f22b or h23), keep the head on, and turbo that puppy

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

H23 has FRM sleeves. F22B does not.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          H23 has FRM sleeves. F22B does not.
          so that make h23 FTW I can wait till I can afford to get mine. I always wanted the H23 to be different cuz most accords guys have a h22
          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

ok... dumb question here.

what are FRM sleeves ??

sorry to thread jack.. i just haven't seen that before or heard about it.

Originally posted by Devergote
            A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Fiber Reinforced Metal/Material (depending on who you talk to). They are strong, light, and have good heat dissipation properties. The downside is that most forged pistons will NOT work with them. There are only a few companies that make FRM compatible pistons... If you want to run forged internals, your best bet is to resleeve.

With turbo, non-FRM sleeves are generally preferred. You can put forged pistons in stock non-FRM sleeves and run higher boost. The sleeves will usually hold up longer than the stock internals will. A full resleeve is still preferred for serious builds, making the engines pretty much equal.

Comment

ok.. so a f22b dohc is a better option to through a dsm turbo setup than it would be to throw one on a h23 ... right ??

A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords
                  ok.. so a f22b dohc is a better option to through a dsm turbo setup than it would be to throw one on a h23 ... right ??
                  That's a yes, get your cylinders honed and go with a slightly larger bore on the pistons (85.5mm) if you plan on doing a rebuild. Or go with the F23A block and F22A head, then you get a little more displacement... you can prob. hone that block to 87mm w/o a resleeve

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Honestly, if you want to do the DSM turbo setup, and your F22A is in decent shape... just keep that. The benefits for a cheapie turbo build on a swap aren't really significant.

If you keep the F22A, that's $800+ that you can spend on quality turbo parts. $800 will get you a NICE t3/t4 turbo.

Comment

i wanted to swap the motor and get a 16g turbo with 3 inch piping and run it at 10 psi. they told me the h23 will give me more torque than the f22b dohc so that if i can find a h23 then to go with that better. i want my car to be a nice little quick daily driver i dont want nothing crazy

Comment

I'd say the h23 is better than the f22b from an n/a stand point. But since you want to go turbo, the f22b is the better motor.

Comment

yea i think ill stick to the f22b dohc. thats what i was planning on doing instead of h23 but i wanted to get some fellow cb7tuners opinions on what i should do

Comment

I still say F22A. Turbo will give you torque. When turbo is involved, .1L means nothing.

Hell, the 4g63 you're getting that 16g from is a 2.0L

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Honestly, if you want to do the DSM turbo setup, and your F22A is in decent shape... just keep that. The benefits for a cheapie turbo build on a swap aren't really significant.

If you keep the F22A, that's $800+ that you can spend on quality turbo parts. $800 will get you a NICE t3/t4 turbo.

ok... i already have the f22b and its gonna be swapped in the sedan anyways and the dsm turbo and all the stuff to go with it is free. just need the ecu. but thanx for the info !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X