Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any ideas where to get BFGoodrich G-Force for cheap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas where to get BFGoodrich G-Force for cheap?

okay, made up my mind on tires, BFGoodrich G-force sports. But Discount tire wants $569 for them with certificates. AND I used to work there! rediculous. I also recently worked for Fletcher's in AZ and they want 600 for Firehawk Wide Ovals, a little bit better of a tire but still 600. Shit i cant seem to get a deal anywhere nowadays. I think whats killing me is the tax of 45 bucks. Is there somewhere I can get them online for cheap shipped to my door? then i can have my buddy thats still works at Fletchers mount and balance them. Anybody know of any links to places that stock them? I was hoping to keep it under 500 for all 4.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Did you try tirerack?

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Costco?

Comment

Well, I got those on my stock 94-95 accord ex rims (195/55/15). Good thing I work at Ford. I bought mine when the company had an additional 15% off regular employee's discount; therefore, I paid about 250. And I mounted and balanced the tires myself. Before I had bought the tires, I had searched through ebaymotors, and I found this one ebay store that sold some pretty nice tires for decent price. Although, at the time I wanted to get Hankook RS-2's, but the company couldn't get them for me. Overall, the G-Force tires are wearing pretty good even though my front is dropped 1.5 and 1.25 in the rear. They are nice tires, but I wish had gotton the Hankooks online instead.
        91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Are g-force sports good in the rain?

How do they compare with the traction t/a's?

Sorry
          Click for my ride thread.

Comment

yeah, they're excellent in the rain and dry, quiet on the highways too. But the size i need are 215/45r17, so they're gonna cost more than a 195/55r15 thats for sure. I mean i know how to mount, spin and balance tires, i used to work for discount and fletchers so thats a piece of cake, but the word "used to" means i cant do that myself anymore unfortunately. But what i was thinking was, I found a place, onlinetires.com, they have free shipping on them to my door for 432 (108 a tire). do u think places would let you buy road hazard certificates even if you got the tires somewhere else? even though they sell that brand of tire?

member's ride thread
            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
              Did you try tirerack?
              Yeah tirerack is more expensive like 615 for the set, plus i have to pay tax on them, since i have to pick them up at a discount tire store, they charged 7.8% AZ sales tax.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Consider yourself lucky at 7.8% tax, if i buy new tires, i have to pay 13%. and they just recently brought it down.. However i only pay 25% of what they retail for.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Shit happens. Tires are not cheap.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Why the g-force?
                    MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                    If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                      Why the g-force?
                      why not? they're quality tires, i want them for grip in wet and dry, noise on highway, and they're predictability when cornering.

member's ride thread
                      91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                        why not? they're quality tires, i want them for grip in wet and dry, noise on highway, and they're predictability when cornering.
                        check out the Khumo Escta. Good thread wear, traction, speed rating and absolutely no highway noise. I can barely chirp mine going into 2nd with my H22. Only cost about $80

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                          check out the Khumo Escta. Good thread wear, traction, speed rating and absolutely no highway noise. I can barely chirp mine going into 2nd with my H22. Only cost about $80
                          not bad, are they Z rated tires? or H rated? cause i only want Z rated for the traction. maybe that's why their so cheap?

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                            not bad, are they Z rated tires? or H rated? cause i only want Z rated for the traction. maybe that's why their so cheap?
                            Yes and no. the tire size is 225/40ZR18 88W, the Z means it is rated in excess of 149MPH and the W means it can handle up to 168MPH. The only higher rating is Y rated at 186MPH.

This link explains it all.
                            http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=35

The speed rating does not determine the traction, just how fast it can go without tearing apart from the heat generated. here is a link to determine the traction and threadwear of a tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=48

eidt: I just went and checked mine- Threadwear 200/ Traction AA/ Temp A
                            Last edited by rudy1980; 09-26-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X