Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Can you tell me where Shift Solenoid A is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you tell me where Shift Solenoid A is?

I need to find Shift Solenoid A and check it out. Can anyone give me a diagram that shows where it is? I attached two pictures. Is the the Shift Solenoid A in the first one? If not, can you tell me where in the second picture to look?

Thanks. Y'all are awesome.

Ben Mathews <><
    San Antonio, Texas

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

EDIT: I found the Shift Solenoid A, and cleaned it. The problem is, the car still spits a code 7, which is a SS-A problem. What else can I check before replacing the SS-A? I have already had the TCU bench tested, and it's good.

Ben <><

Comment

If you cleaned it and it still doesn't work, it has probably failed.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

REPLACE.. they can just go bad !!

Originally posted by Devergote
        A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Great. Anyone have a lead on where I can get a Shift Solenoid A? Ebay doesn't have any. My local Honda dealer wants almost $250 for one.

Comment

I got some from the junkyard...problem is it still throws the code every now and then (on my old 90)

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Junkyard should have plenty. I know there are plenty in dallas I would try to get a hold of someone. Might want to ask the local SA people too I know they know spots there.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Local junkyard here says $64.99 for a used part. They include a 90 day warranty. How does that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaPwrdAccord
                  Local junkyard here says $64.99 for a used part. They include a 90 day warranty. How does that sound?
                  find another junkyard with better deals
                  wat?

Comment

I got two brand new oem one from http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autoha...=AT%20Solenoid

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                      find another junkyard with better deals
                      x2 and you should be able to pocket the solenoid its really not that big. Just wear baggy clothes and figure out the yards process of searching. Some yards dont give a rats ass and some as long as you buy something they dont really mind. But you can find it for cheaper than that. Check the regionals and post up in the texas for sale thread sticky just post a wtb and maybe someone will see it and might be able to help you out.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks guys. The part I actually think I need is the "lock-up" solenoid, which looks like this:

Comment

well .. if you need some and can wait i can pick up a couple at the junkyard and send them to ya !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                          A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

dont wait too long or you will end up like me with a tranny thats gone

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the Shift Solenoid A from my local Honda dealer. It's actually referred to as a "lock-up" solenoid; the "shift solenoid" is also on the front of the transmission, but it's closer to the bottom. I talked the parts guy into giving me the 15% shop discount, so I'm only paying about $180 instead of $240 or so.

Basically, I'm so tired of not having a car that I didn't want to leave work in a rush just to dig through junk yard cars, pay for a part, and then have it not work.

Next question: If this doesn't solve my problem (S light blinking 7 times, won't shift into 1st gear), what I do I do next?

Comment

Working...
                              X