Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question on getting a new intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on getting a new intake.

I have a 93' EX f22a6 ( completely stock) and I'm thinking about putting in a AEM intake. I'm a beginner so bear with me. What's better for my car a Cold Air System. or Short Ram System? Someone help me out with the details on how to replace the thing as well. Thanks!

short ram gives you better throttle response cold gives you colder air and top end, also what is your price rang and were do you live.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707

**Puts on Holy Robe**

SILENCE YE MORTALS!

To choosth thy intaketh. Thou shall read thy holy honda accord gospel.

SRI is good for throttle respond like said above and it is much safer for flooded areas and heavy rain. Downside is it get hot air in to the engine. SRI is called more like the Hot Air Intake.

CAI gives more power because of cold air getting into the engine , thats why its called cold air intake. downside is once water is sucked up into the engine, the engine will go into hydrolock which obviously you dont want to happen. there is a bypass valve that is installed in the CAI to prevent hydrolock. one i know is AEM bypass valve.

you can get 2-piece intake that's easuly converted to SRI to CAI or vice versa.

trust me , just get ebay intake.. AEM is cool for californina because of the CARB label which will make the emissions people not to bitch about it.
      My quote.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        My quote.
        I live in cali so I have to get aem

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
          Well what I do is I put back on the OEM intake before emmision for aftermarket intakes without CARB numbers.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

like previously stated, short rams for throttle response, but cold air makes more power. i like the short ram for looks, but prefer the cold air.

i cant remember who it was, but a major magazine took and NSX and gave it an AEM cold air with AEM bypass valve. the ran the motor and then stuffed the filter into a bucket of water and reved the piss out of it for a few hours. it didnt suck up 1 drop of water.

i used the short ram on my b-ef hatch cause i didnt want too buy a hybrid intake. ive had AEM's on all my cars.

EBAY INTAKES WORK JUST AS WELL!!!!!! i spend money for the looks.

Comment

Ok...

I live near the Mexico border in California. About 2 hours east of San Diego (pretty much the middle of nowhere). I think I'm gonna put in the Short Ram Intake. This place is so hot, the cold air intake won't make much difference. Can anyone tell me how to put it in? or come down here to help me put it in? lol

Comment

Which one should i get?

I went on Ebay and saw one AEM short ram at around $130 and I saw a bunch of other short ram intakes for like 10 or 20 dollars. Are they any good?

Comment

a cold air will make slightly more power than a short ram.
                  www.850fab.com
                  IG - @850Fab
                  FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

its just about the same but youll want to upgrade the filter to aem or k&n

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord

so if you live in cali you HAVE to get AEM?

Comment

Originally posted by myc132
                        so if you live in cali you HAVE to get AEM?
                        I believe california requires a carb sticker for all modifications.
                        www.850fab.com
                        IG - @850Fab
                        FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

How much difference do you see with the short ram intakes anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by myc132
                            How much difference do you see with the short ram intakes anyway?
                            not much, if any. I tested the V2, type S, OEM stock, and my too short intake on my h22

my intake lost 5whp or so over stock. Stock beat the type S, V2 beat OEM stock. The V2 made 1/2 a hp over stock.
                            Last edited by 98vtec; 10-03-2007, 08:39 PM.
                            www.850fab.com
                            IG - @850Fab
                            FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec
                              I believe california requires a carb sticker for all modifications.
                              i got pulled over for my exhaust and they had me pop the hood. i have a ebay intake and the cop looked right past it and didnt say a thing about it. actually 2 cops said that it was ok. hahaha. lucky me.
                              bought from - b-bomb, Davids92Accord
                              sold to - Old School, DA92CB7, F22Cb7Rid3r
                              ^^ R.I.P. you will be missed

Comment

Working...
                              X