Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f20b or h22 or?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f20b or h22 or?

i wanna swap..my f22a6 with a dohc vtec motor and i dont know what one to go with..i want the best one for the buck and im going from auto to manual..i read a little bit of the diy....is there any others..and thanks

pretty sure most people are gonna say go w/ the h22a cuz its easier. that is if you get the obd1 h22.

Comment

Eh. F20 revs higher.
      H22 has a better powerband and delivers some more tq.

I remember reading that somewhere.

Either one is a great choice! Good luck man.
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

best bang for buck? depends on what kinda bang you want.

the F20B block is relatively cheap now through Hmotors. its like 990 or something like that.

yes the F20B does rev a lot higher, but lacks in torque. aftermarket doesnt support it as much... and replacement internals is kinda iffy.

the H22 is the common swap, and is an all around great package for a decent price. lots of aftermarket parts available for it as well.

or you could even step it up a little more and go with something a bit more like the euroR or Type S engine...but ur looking to pay a bit more for them.

in the end its up to you and your budget. you decide.
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

jdm h23 dohc vtec engine question

does anyone know the real specs of a jdm dohc vtec h23 bluetop engine if you look at sites they never post it up. and everybody just assumes they know. i know someone that has one in a prelude stock that had it dino tested and it put out 235 hp. is this the reason the dont put the specks on it. and the reason why it's so expensive.
          My 92 accord

Comment

jdm h23 dohc vtec engine question

does anyone know the real specs of a jdm dohc vtec h23 bluetop engine if you look at sites they never post it up. and everybody in some other forums assume they know. i know someone that has one in a prelude stock that had it dino tested and it put out 235 hp. is this the reason they dont put the specks on it. and the reason why it's so expensive.
            My 92 accord

Comment

nice thanks for the info and should i go with obd1 or 2? whats easier i got a auto tranny and wanna go with a 5speed and the most likely h22

Comment

OBD1 is not necessarily easier, just a couple less steps/things to do. OBD2 is not harder to make work, just requires a couple more things/changes..thats all.
                F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

You will need to weld up a new trans. mount if you are going auto to manual. Good luck with the swap.

Comment

Originally posted by According_to_ME
                    You will need to weld up a new trans. mount if you are going auto to manual. Good luck with the swap.
                    no he wont. u need to do more research. i did my H22 w/M2A4 5spd swap from my auto without welding one thing. or tapping anything.

Comment

is there a diy for the full swap and what i need to do and all about the wires and auto to manual..?> f-to-h series? and thanks for the help guys best site ever..lol

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                        no he wont. u need to do more research. i did my H22 w/M2A4 5spd swap from my auto without welding one thing. or tapping anything.
                        Does your motor sit level?

B/C it will bolt in but one side of the motor will be higher than the other.
                        MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
                        If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981
                          does anyone know the real specs of a jdm dohc vtec h23 bluetop engine if you look at sites they never post it up. and everybody in some other forums assume they know. i know someone that has one in a prelude stock that had it dino tested and it put out 235 hp. is this the reason they dont put the specks on it. and the reason why it's so expensive.
                          200PS, 220Nm

H23a expensive? its only a lil bit more expensive than the F20B Tippy here in Malaysia. But it is RARE.

The most expensive is the manual H22a.

Price wise, H22a manual > F20B manual > H22a auto > H23a > F20B auto.
                          Last edited by blizzard335; 10-08-2007, 04:10 AM.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                          Honda Accord Euro-R
                          Honda Odyssey Absolute
                          Honda City I-DSi
                          Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
                            Does your motor sit level?

B/C it will bolt in but one side of the motor will be higher than the other.
                            custom mounts perhaps?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                            Honda Accord Euro-R
                            Honda Odyssey Absolute
                            Honda City I-DSi
                            Honda Stream

Comment

do the h22a manual and i can tell you everything you need to know and if i dont know it my buddy jason will! and you can call me if you run into trouble with it...and if you really want to we could do it for you if you have a place to do it for the right price of course!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X