Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

800 buck custom header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

800 buck custom header

hey all I've been asking around all my local exhaust shops and I've got an average price of 1145-2100 for a full exhaust system with hi flow cat and a 4-2 -1 header. the problem is no one has any headers for Honda accord 90-93 models and they are charging me extra to custom make a set, what im trying to figure out is do i have an F22A4 header or not because if i did then the extra horsepower wouldn't be worth it, but my engine is a F22A9 (145hp) and i don't know if its cast iron or the tubular 4-2-1 design. can someone please help me. thanks

Click here to see my ride!

can we see it?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wokstarwang
      hey all I've been asking around all my local exhaust shops and I've got an average price of 1145-2100 for a full exhaust system with hi flow cat and a 4-2 -1 header. the problem is no one has any headers for Honda accord 90-93 models and they are charging me extra to custom make a set, what im trying to figure out is do i have an F22A4 header or not because if i did then the extra horsepower wouldn't be worth it, but my engine is a F22A9 (145hp) and i don't know if its cast iron or the tubular 4-2-1 design. can someone please help me. thanks
      OMG! That's like $1,036 USD for a complete exhaust. Can't you find a DC 4-2-1 header or an eBay header for like $100 USD? Sounds like a lot to me for what's basically a muffler shop special that's not performance tested. I think if you got a DC Header, a Greddy or Apexi Exhaust and some sort of high flow cat you'll still end up spending less after shipping? I dunno, maybe it's harder to find CB parts in Australia.
      ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

dude 4th gen had alot of header options....my 3rd gen i spent like 500 bucks. on my exhust system....ceramic coated headers, o2 sensor bung in downpipe for tunning, high flow magnaflow cat and 2.25 inch pipe and magnaflow muffler...it loosen up some high end hp....its alot smoother now. i love my set up.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
        5 speed(152,222) (2-2-08)
        112 WHP and 115.16 torque

Comment

yer but i live in australia. its all about the holdens and fords. lol. so yer 800 aud will be like 500 usd for a header, and i cant find anything no ebay no nothing

Comment

I would say if you want a good all motor header bisimoto is the guy to talk to.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

F22A9 I believe is similar to our F22A6. Look at your header/manifold. If it's a rough-cast piece of iron, it's not tubular. If it looks like tubes, it's tubular. Simple as that.

If they want to charge you an arm and a leg for a custom header (that will probably make no more power than what you have, since it'll just be slapped together), and you don't want to pay $1200 AUD for a Bisimoto header when they're available (which isn't yet... they'll be 600-700 USD, so after shipping and conversion, I estimate 1200 for you) I would just get a Megan Racing header. They can be had for $150 USD or so... and shipping can't be all that much... They aren't fantastic, but they aren't crap. If it costs you $500 AUD to get one, it'd be better than one slapped together by a muffler shop!

Comment

yer i looked at it. its tubular so no reason to get headers now right. if thats so then this is the cost im looking at.

high flow cat - 320
                exhaust - 480
                dual outlet - 200
                twin tips - 300 for 2 sets

so 1300 all up. all mandrel bent and stainless and this shop has really good rep, i've seen the big 8's gain like 26kw and shit, so im guess for a quality cat back with the high flow thats an ok price. opinions anyone?

Comment

Our engines gain less from IHE than american 8 and 6 cylinders typically do, I assume thats what you refer to

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                  where you been, is something wrong?
                  i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Expect no more than 10kw... probably more like 6 or 8, with your powerband shifted up in the RPM range. If you're going with a dual exhaust, you'll probably make less... might even lose power, as dual exhaust will cause a decrease in velocity. What diameter piping are you going to use?

(and for those helping out, he's in Australia, using kw and Australian dollars.
                    Kw = hp x 0.7457, and the current conversion rate for USD to AUD is: 1 U.S. dollar = 1.10926234 Australian dollars)

Comment

yes about the lose in power, i was concerned about that so at the Y-split the piping is to be reduced to 2 inch to prevent loss of power, i also have found a set of headers that i may be able to buy, the company seems pretty reputable and its not some cheap ebay company, the company name is Xforce i don't know if anyones heard of it here but on ozhonda and australian sites they give it some good ratings. thanks

Comment

why couldn't you buuy your setup at like the us

and get it shipped to aus. ? wouldn't that be cheaper either?

or at least that header ?

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

shipping is like 200 international, plus if any there are problems follow-ups may be long and costly, doesn't matter now as i've found some headers for a decent price

Comment

I've never heard of that brand, but it may just be that it's not available in the US. If you've heard good things, than it should be fine (just ONE header for an I4). At the very least, you might not gain. Shouldn't lose anything, and it'll look better

Comment

haha yer one header im just used to saying headers . just wondering though, since all the i4's sound like bumblebees and shit, but the wrx is the only one that sounds different because its in a h-4 design, and the header design is like 2 one side 2 on the other, i was thinking even though it may lose power if i were to get a custom header made but instead of a tri-y design but like since the firing order is 1342, 2 ports from the header from cyl no 1 and 4 and 2 ports from the cyl no 3 and 4, so as the 2 from each go down they dont merge untill the end or something like that, hopefully making it sound non fart can bumblebee etc. lol i know it sounds stupid and would probably make you lose power but does anyone actually think this will work

Comment

Working...
                              X