Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What should i do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should i do???

ok i jus got my accord from my neighbor for a really good price..the only bad thing is it has 310k on the motor but their the original owners of the car...

what do you guys think i should do about the motor??? i want to keep the car sohc due to limited money and ive heard that the f series blocks are stronger than h blocks..

- get it rebuilt..
    - find a cheap low mileage replacement f22 that i could build
    - jus drive it till it dies..then do the h22
    keepin it sohc!!!

- jus drive it till it dies..then do the h22
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

hey, theres a guy in AZ selling his F22A6 engine for 250. You could maybe ask him if he'd ship it? its got 120K on it and he says its ran fine when pulled.
      F22A6 engine

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

aight i may look into that...the motor doesnt burn any oil and runs fine i jus get really concousis when i get on it...
        keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

I have about 275k on mine. original everything. still runs fine. you're too paranoid. it will be fine.
          The beginning of a new era............................
          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

F22s aren't stronger than H22s.

Comment

well im only 16 and it would take me forever to save for an h22 with my job so i was jus shootin for a replacement motor that i could possibly build a lil bit..but idk..
              keepin it sohc!!!

Comment

keep that sohc. f22's have a lot of potential. but for your concerns about your motor now, it'll be fine.
                The beginning of a new era............................
                165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

hell yeah ! SAVE THE SOHC ! you can get some good power out of her if you do some minor modding. I would check into that a6 in Arizona. Even if the motor is shit.. part hte motor out and then get your hands on another a1 or so and swap everything over: ie, cam, ecu, intake manifold, headers and whatever else. Take what's good from one motor and put it on the one you're building. Good luck man

Comment

Working...
                  X