Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just a question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question....

Hey you guys, been coming on here and reading threads/looking at members rides for about a month now, first time posting lol, you guys have really inspired me

But yeah, im 17 years old, and by next March i want to have an Accord ready, since thats when ill get my license. Was looking to spend 1000$-1500$ on a Accord, then spend roughly $2600 on a JDM H22A engine + transmission (checked out a few JDM websites, thats usually how much they cost with shipping and handling)

Now money isnt exactly tight, since im not in school yet, but im not trying to blow all my paychecks on this project, since i have to save up for school.....ill have no problem spending another 1500$ on the internal components to increase engine output.....so what do you guys think i should do to increase power? I know a 92-95 H22A VTEC produces 200 hp, so i was hoping to push it up close to 240 hp.

P.S. ill be doin all this work with my old auto teacher at his shop, so ill have someone experienced helping me lol

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, i love Accords
    CB7 Fund: $1,461.01
    H22 Fund: $10

keep reading.

You'll be lucky if you can break 200whp as most h22's put out 180-190whp, stock.

Get it tuned and you'll be much better.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

How much could you realistically get out of that engine

Comment

Originally posted by FutureCB7Owner
        Hey you guys, been coming on here and reading threads/looking at members rides for about a month now, first time posting lol, you guys have really inspired me

But yeah, im 17 years old, and by next March i want to have an Accord ready, since thats when ill get my license. Was looking to spend 1000$-1500$ on a Accord, then spend roughly $2600 on a JDM H22A engine + transmission (checked out a few JDM websites, thats usually how much they cost with shipping and handling)

Now money isnt exactly tight, since im not in school yet, but im not trying to blow all my paychecks on this project, since i have to save up for school.....ill have no problem spending another 1500$ on the internal components to increase engine output.....so what do you guys think i should do to increase power? I know a 92-95 H22A VTEC produces 200 hp, so i was hoping to push it up close to 240 hp.

P.S. ill be doin all this work with my old auto teacher at his shop, so ill have someone experienced helping me lol

I/H/E would be probably the first things i would do in addition to the h22, but if you want to get internal, get some good cams, there are many companys out there with cams for the h22, Skunk 2 and Bisimoto are just a couple that come to mind. Port and polishing the head would help also, as well as some bolt-ons are very good. The blacktrax intake manifold spacers have proved to give significant gains on a mostly stock h22, almost 10 whp across the entire rpm range. there are tons of things you can do to an h22 for more power. check out the Performance section on this board for some more ideas.
        -Nic

Comment

The 200 hp that you are seeing on those websites is the hp at the crank.'

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
            I/H/E would be probably the first things i would do in addition to the h22, but if you want to get internal, get some good cams, there are many companys out there with cams for the h22, Skunk 2 and Bisimoto are just a couple that come to mind. Port and polishing the head would help also, as well as some bolt-ons are very good. The blacktrax intake manifold spacers have proved to give significant gains on a mostly stock h22, almost 10 whp across the entire rpm range. there are tons of things you can do to an h22 for more power. check out the Performance section on this board for some more ideas.
            -Nic
            Thanks alot for that advice man, ill keep reading around the forum

If anyone else has idea's, just post em!

Thanks

Comment

is this your first car ?? if so... a stock H22 should be good for you... no need to mess with internals. Get use to the sensative H22, learn how it works & how it sounds. Alot of ppl can appreicate a stock H22... they are great motor but more sensative than a hormonal women during her time of the month. Once you start messing with the internals ... that's when you run into problems. Do the I/H/E like others have suggested. If you do it in incraments... you'll feel the power different between each one which you'll learn to appreicate each upgrade. Also it will allow your motor to adjust to everything you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMugenBB1
                is this your first car ?? if so... a stock H22 should be good for you... no need to mess with internals. Get use to the sensative H22, learn how it works & how it sounds. Alot of ppl can appreicate a stock H22... they are great motor but more sensative than a hormonal women during her time of the month. Once you start messing with the internals ... that's when you run into problems. Do the I/H/E like others have suggested. If you do it in incraments... you'll feel the power different between each one which you'll learn to appreicate each upgrade. Also it will allow your motor to adjust to everything you're doing.
                Yeah this will be my first car

Thanks for that advice, ive seen a whole thread based on the I/H/E, so ill read up there

Comment

Wanting more power going to cost u. Yeah I/H/E help, but dont expect a huge gain. Honda Vtec are very efficient cars. Bolt holds are only going to do so much with hondas.I bought this book called HONDA DYNOs. That book will show u how much u going to gain from bolt ons,turbos, superchargers, N/C power steering, etc. Read this book and u will see what im talking about.
                  DO RESEARCH

Members Ride thread

Comment

where are you located? i happen to have a 93 ex 5spd that fits what your looking for price wise.

5 months old and already a lady killer

Dust & Blood (my bro's band)
                    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=921 03410

Comment

Originally posted by z31na
                      where are you located? i happen to have a 93 ex 5spd that fits what your looking for price wise.
                      Unfortunately i live in Brampton, Ontario

How many does your Accord have

Comment

if you were going to do an engine swap, i'd look into getting parts to change all the belts and the water pump while the engine is still out of the car and replace a lot of the seals too, like the rear main if you're planning a 5spd.

Comment

I read the first post, and d112crzy's post, skipped the rest. So if I repeat anything, sorry!

I just wanted to say one thing... 200hp is at the crank. If your 240 goal is also at the crank, it won't take much. That's only 185-190 to the wheels, which can be accomplished without doing internals.
                          240whp is another story. It's doable, especially if you're willing to replace the internals and pay for some machine work... but it won't be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            I read the first post, and d112crzy's post, skipped the rest. So if I repeat anything, sorry!

I just wanted to say one thing... 200hp is at the crank. If your 240 goal is also at the crank, it won't take much. That's only 185-190 to the wheels, which can be accomplished without doing internals.
                            240whp is another story. It's doable, especially if you're willing to replace the internals and pay for some machine work... but it won't be cheap.
                            Hey thanks for that info.....

I know ill sound like a total noob for asking this, but why is it that the H22A gets 200 hp at the crank, but only gets 185-190 hp to the wheels? Where did the 10-15 hp go?

Comment

Hey thanks for that info.....

I know ill sound like a total noob for asking this, but why is it that the H22A gets 200 hp at the crank, but only gets 185-190 hp to the wheels? Where did the 10-15 hp go?
                              Alternator, Powersteering, Transmission..etc
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X