Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ex motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ex motor

I bought a motor today out of a 92 ex.....this is a f22b1 if im right this should fit perfect to replace my f22a1.... I think im getting this whole deal down. New to the whole import seen. i wasnt allowed to buy one untill after alot of begging. I got the motor for $150.. i have to pull it out this saturday.
    Any idea on the easy way of pulling this out without a lift. Im thinking just cutting it out.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/421992976.html

Thats not an ex motor out of a 92...there was no such thing as vtec for 90-93 accords. f22bX motors were out of 5th gens. USDM cb had the f22aX. And it should be an a6. Didnt you make another thread like this???

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Thats not an ex motor out of a 92...there was no such thing as vtec for 90-93 accords. f22bX motors were out of 5th gens. USDM cb had the f22aX. And it should be an a6. Didnt you make another thread like this???
      X2... you had anothe thread about this.
      90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
      2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

no....i didnt think it was a vtec.....but i thought the ex had a f22b1 and lx had a f22a1...

Comment

VTEC on accords were not built until 1994.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

yea i started another one because i get some error when i try...im on a cell phone so it doesnt let me go back pages to find my other post.....i realize this isnt a vtec but what kind of motor is in the 92 ex and will it fit in my lx?

Comment

The engine in the 92 Ex (f22A6) will fit the LX 100% because they are the same engine but the EX one's gets more kick.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The engine in the 92 Ex (f22A6) will fit the LX 100% because they are the same engine but the EX one's gets more kick.
                slightly.

About 10 to 15 hp more depending on year of LX.
                Click for my ride thread.

Comment

ok thank u.... yea i had a 92 lx with 125 stock and i 155 at wheels with mods.....now the ex has 140 hp i dont no what it will be with mods

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
                    ok thank u.... yea i had a 92 lx with 125 stock and i 155 at wheels with mods.....now the ex has 140 hp i dont no what it will be with mods
                    what kind of mods you have?

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7
                      slightly.

About 10 to 15 hp more depending on year of LX.
                      ALL LXs have the F22A1 rated at 125hp. The year doesn't matter.

The F22A6 has 140hp. It's the best USDM CB7 motor you can get. IMO, a MUCH better choice than an F22B1!

You NEED a lift. There really isn't any other way to do it without risking damage to the motor.

Where are you getting it from? I'm in South Jersey as well. I'd offer to help, but I'm working on Saturday.

Also, 155 at the wheels? Dyno, or assumed? HondaFan81 has some pretty significant mods done, and that's just about what he has...

Comment

yea its in hammanton....in in haddonfield where you abouts..........this is what im told i was dyno at from the former owner...(not best source)...i have full flowmaster exhaust, dc headers, CAI, bigger throttle body ....all msd igntion, optium battery, upgraded suspension and brakes stainless steal fuel and brake lines......other stuff i cant remember....plus tint rims amp that kinda crap

Comment

I could put it on a lift at auto shop but im not buyin the car just the motor so i cant move it

Comment

Are you getting it from a junkyard? If so, most yards have hoists to pull motors. You can toss it in the back of a truck (I see you have a friend with a bronco... make good use of it!) 2-3 strong guys can lift a motor. It's not fun, but I've done it.

If those are the only mods... then either that guy was lying, or the dyno was improperly calibrated. With those mods, you're looking at MAYBE 120whp.

I'm in Deptford, not too far away.
                            Check the Regional section. There's a meet on Sunday in New Brunswick. You should come check it out!

Comment

yea im sure the guy was lying....i no its pretty fast just not that fast....yea i think it more than 120 but not 155....yea deptford is near by i played them in the playoffs last year for football.....yea i might check it out...i normally go to cherry hill on tuesday nights or audubon on sats if u go to either those hangouts.....also im not a normal haddonfield kid im not rich...so pleae dont prejude. if i was rich would i have a 92 accord with a blown motor??

Comment

Working...
                              X