Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 cb7 no fuel or spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 cb7 no fuel or spark

Hello everybody my name is josh this is my first post and would like some help with my accord.

This spring i was getting on the highway and lost all power. after getting home i tore it apart to find a broken timing belt. I went ahead and pulled the head to check valves and they were fine. I have since then put it all back together and cannot get fuel to the rail or no spark. I got frustrated and took it to the shop to fix...ended up being told it was the EFI relay and it was going to be like 380 to be replaced. So i went and picked up the relay from local dealer and insalled it myself last night the easy way by unplugging the old and leaving it and plugging in the new one in. But i still dont have Fuel coming up to the rail. Is there anything else i should check? This car has been in my garage for the summer and i would like to drive it again soon.

if no fuel or spark

FUEL PUMP MAIN RELAY

if no fuel
    and relay ok

filter
    pump
    lines
    inyectors

its a honda PIECE OF CAKE
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

welcome!

youre not getting fuel, are you getting any spark while youre cranking?

theres a single ground wire bolted down by a 10mm bolt on the lower side of the thermostat housing. leaving this disconnected will kill power to the main components. most people forget this one.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/tstatground.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That ground might just be the culprit. I will be making a list of things to check when i get back home.

I didnt check for spark last night so i dont know if it is there or not

Thanks for the ultra fast replys

I have been searching this site for a while now and it has helped me tremendously...expetialy the search button. That thing is magic if you know how to use it.
        Last edited by jtkustomizer; 11-01-2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you Mike

The ground was forgotten on my part but after i got the ground on i figured out that I also had the distributer off by 180degrees so after switching the plug wires around on 2-3 and 1-4 it started right up.

But when turning the key on i am hearing a clicking noise coming from under the battery What could this be?

Also before it broke the spedometer would randomly cut out while driving down the highway?????

Comment

also check the ecu fuse at the central junction box under the hood make sur it's not loose in it's place. we ran into that problem a few times.
            My other ride is your ex-wife

Comment

check negative battery ground that is bolted on the fender.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i had that problem wen i went to change my thermostate last year i for got to put the ground back on and it drove me crazy. that ground is the ecu ground so make sure its on . good luck

Comment

Well I was up early this morning and decided to mess around with the accord again.

First I unplugged the new relay and then plugged in the old relay(since it wasnt removed) and then tried to start and it did suprisingly

Then I pulled the batery, starter and the leads to the battery.

I will be going to the welding shop and getting new leads for my battery +&-.

Hopefully I can be up and running this weekend

Comment

Well I was up early this morning and decided to mess around with the accord again.

First I unplugged the new relay and then plugged in the old relay(since it wasnt removed) and then tried to start and it did suprisingly

Then I pulled the batery, starter and the leads to the battery.

Getting a new starter today

I will be going to the welding shop and getting new leads for my battery +&-.

Hopefully I can be up and running this weekend

Comment

I just replaced my thermostat housing last week and forgot about that ground, i went crazy for hours trying to figure it out. My dad got home heard me trying to crank it and walked up to the car and said "the ground is connected on the thermostat housing" and turned back into the house. Funny stuff

--------------------
                      sold to: bootlegcb7, jhondayaaj
                      bought from : b3nsonx , *JDM_CB7*, bmxicansd, konig52r,
                      Slick_Nine, CB7_213

Comment

it sounds like the fuel pump.. do you hear the whinning noise when you turn the car to the on position. i hope its not the fuel pump because that crap is hard to replace lol. it took me 3 days because you have to drain the fuel from the tank and unplug alot of stuff then pry the tank down to unbolt the pump from the tank and then pull it out lol.. on top of that the pump is like 150 bucks.. kick rocks, i hope you get it running.. when you do i wanna see updates lol

Originally posted by Juice21
                        thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                        Originally posted by GameChewer
                        Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

Its running again and I drove it to work this morning.

The exhaust is leaking at the middle section but that will be a quick fix with new gaskets.

The timing is off a little bit but it drives again

Comment

Working...
                          X