Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension or shock problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension or shock problem.

Hi i dont know if this the place but it doesnot let me post at suspension thread. Any ways I buy and a mechanik installed the KYB Shocks and H&R springs, and not the car if you see at my signature its a lot lowered. I will later put originals spring, but am having a little problem with this springs or shock because when i going running its fine but if i get like a bend or a little hole or when am passing over a brisge and then theres a differnece between brisge and street, it make like a hit, its feel hard hit, I see under my car and headers and motor and tranny and oil pan, its in good shape so I'm wondering that theres a problem with the shocks or spring like getting compress totally and hitting up or wat ever, jsut if there some one that happend this or know a little abotu shock or spring i will to see a response thanks.
    Honda La Ley - Clase y Mas...

My Member Ride

depending on how low you went, your upper control arm could be bottoming out in the front. Raise your car to see if you have any wierd looking marks in your fender area in the front.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

que la que ay

eso son los brasos de arriba de la suspension chocando

Comment

found this link
        Camber kit problem

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

reportandose de PR
          digo orlando
          se ve bn lindo el carro papa
          pero como dice el hombre
          son los control arms
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
            reportandose de PR
            digo orlando
            se ve bn lindo el carro papa
            pero como dice el hombre
            son los control arms
            Like they say in Transformers dude
            "Dude, you know we dont speak spanish... english dude, english..."
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Thanks all for info I will check if fender is hitting. and then trying to upper the car. Saludos Latinos...desde PR

My Member Ride

Comment

If you have a camber kit on there, it's probably your upper control arms (that link explains it, and how to fix it)

The rears usually hit as well (mine do)

From your drop, I'm assuming H&R Race springs and KYB GR2 shocks?

My advice... spend some time on here learning about your car, and stop paying a mechanic to do the work. Suspension work is simple, and you get a MUCH better understanding of how things work by getting in there and playing with it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you have a camber kit on there, it's probably your upper control arms (that link explains it, and how to fix it)

The rears usually hit as well (mine do)

From your drop, I'm assuming H&R Race springs and KYB GR2 shocks?

My advice... spend some time on here learning about your car, and stop paying a mechanic to do the work. Suspension work is simple, and you get a MUCH better understanding of how things work by getting in there and playing with it yourself!

Thats true, about the mechanik i would try to do myself and a friend but I dont have the necesarry Tools to get off them, about the camber i dont still have my front tires are like diagonal a bit, and yes i have H&R and KYB-gr2.

PD: when having old shock same KYB and a weak springs from ebay about 89 dolares all 4 lol, was more high and didnot feel nuthing. thanks.

My Member Ride

Comment

It's when you go lower that things start to hit.

As for doing the suspension yourself... You need a 14mm socket, a 10mm socket, and a 17mm socket. A second ratchet with another 17mm is helpful. The only specialized tool you could need would be a spring compressor. They can be borrowed for free at an autoparts store around here, not sure if they do that in PR. They're only about $40 to purchase. When I did my suspension the first time, my friends and I didn't even use a compressor. We used a dog leash to tie the spring in place (not smart... but it DID work)

Comment

HEY BRO,CUANTO BAJAN TUS H&R las mias son 1.7 y 1.5 y no tengo ningun problema con las botellas explotas,its weird cause I have H&R's too (1.7 & 1.5) and it feel just like ORIGINAL ones,H&R's are just too good (Stabilizer bars helps too) and Deev, thank god 4 AUTOZONE in P.R.,we CAN BORROW the TOOLS
                      DE PUERTO RICO PAL MUNDO!!! OUR CREW!!! RESPECT!!!

No,u will not run 10 sec with 20 bucks!

Comment

aren't most performance suspensions very stiff?

I notice a BIG difference between my stock hona ride and my stock 240 ride...the 240 jars my teeth way more than my honda because it's more stiff.
                        ____

Comment

It depends. There are different types. "Sport" springs are usually considerably softer than "Race" springs, and the drop isn't as low. There are some major variations between brands as well.

Comment

something else...if you don't correct the control arm angle, this would alter your suspension travel angles...altering handling capabilites...

possibly negating any benefit of the upgraded suspension correct?

Is the fix to install camber adjustable upper control arms? Or do those hold up at all? I've seen a few folks reference them but I got the impression they didn't hold up very well.
                            ____

Comment

I honestly don't know anyone with the actual adjustable arms. A normal camber kit, either the ball joint ones (I don't like that idea) or the anchor bolt ones (more common) are usually used. When you correct the camber in the front, anyway, you usually end up hitting the upper control arms on the wheel well. You can fix this by hammering the wheel well to make room (just asking for rust, IMO), grinding down the control arm a bit (asking for it to break... also not a good idea), or running 1 degree of negative camber (slightly faster tire wear, but the best option of the 3).

What we need is for someone to develop an adjustable replacement control arm that takes into account the altered geometry of a lowered car.

Comment

Working...
                              X