Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

foamy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

foamy???

ok so im bleeding my coolant lines and im goin by the book. well i crack tha bleeder, open tha cap and start tha motor. next thing i know is my antifreeze is shootin everywhere and then it startz foaming in tha radiator? any ideaz???

You sir, are doing it wrong. This is what you do.

Close that nipple. Fill up and coolant(top it of, only iof need be). Start the car and let it IDLE, untill NORMAL OPERATING TEMP. When the fans turn on, thats when you know, and you can bleed the coolan through the thermostadt housing. If there is a lot of air in the system, it will be bubbly.

That is the proper way of doing it.

What i usually do is leave the rad cap off and start the car. You can watch and you'll probably see the bubbles come up. After its at operating temp and the bubbles stopped(if any), i use the nipple to double check.

Be ready do close the nipple quick, and do not open the damn thing, just crack it open enough for coolant/air to come out. Once its just straight coolant then you know there is no air in the system

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

ok well a friend who had a 92 like mine had an insanely erratic idle told me 2 bleed my coolant lines cuz mine idle surges like his did... u think this will fix tha problem? i mean it jumpz from 3k all the way down 2 bout 1k. never had a problem til i changed my throttle body and had 2 take the collant lines off

Comment

Idle problems can be caused by many different things.

Air in the coolant, i beleive, is one of them. Try it and you'll see.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

Comment

also its not bubbly... it was foamy... kinda like there was soap or something in it. my brother suggested a blown head gasket but i checked all the obvious things and there are no signs of a blown gasket

Comment

I dunno. Ive never heard of bubbly coolant.

Is it green? or is it another color.

Come to the Meet.

Comment

its green. i been trying 2 bleed the lines but where i live... the neighbors call the cops if u fart 2 loud and i cant take my car anywhere else 2 do it cuz itz not legal.

Comment

what? How are they gonna hear you bleed the nipple?

If you feel like spending money i would say flush the coolant, but i dunno if you just did that or what. Umm, try the rad cap thing i mentioned , Make sure the car is COLD when you take off the cap.

Comment

well they hear it idle surge and what exactly is the "red cap thing"?

Comment

Did you fully read my first post?

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                    You sir, are doing it wrong. This is what you do.

Close that nipple. Fill up and coolant(top it of, only iof need be). Start the car and let it IDLE, untill NORMAL OPERATING TEMP. When the fans turn on, thats when you know, and you can bleed the coolan through the thermostadt housing. If there is a lot of air in the system, it will be bubbly.

That is the proper way of doing it.

What i usually do is leave the rad cap off and start the car. You can watch and you'll probably see the bubbles come up. After its at operating temp and the bubbles stopped(if any), i use the nipple to double check.

Be ready do close the nipple quick, and do not open the damn thing, just crack it open enough for coolant/air to come out. Once its just straight coolant then you know there is no air in the system
                    And who gives a fuck if they call the cops, what exactly are they gonna do?
                    (Unless that is you have something you shouldnt have, etc....) Arnt they sleeping by now?

Comment

they r sleepin... thatz y i cant do it now... 3 inch flow through muffler isnt exactly quiet. plus my town has a 10pm noise ordinence

Comment

The do it 2morro morning. At 5 am, to wake up everybody

Comment

ok so anywayz.... what i should do is flush the system, fill her back up, and then proceed 2 bleed the coolant?

Comment

correct..............

Comment

what other shit might make it surge???

Comment

Working...
                              X