Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Temp Goes Up When Car Isnt Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Temp Goes Up When Car Isnt Moving

Well Yea When Im At A Drive Thru Or In Heavy Traffic My Engine Heats Up An Once I Start Movin It Goes Back Down Whats Wrong Wit It??? I Think I Mihgt Need A Thermostat?
    USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
    WhiTE B0Y!!!

check your thermastat (sp?) and also is your fan coming on? you need to park it at your house start it up and let it get to warm and sit there and see if the fan comes on that might be your problem also
    Originally posted by jboyce
    i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

this is relly esay man
      u car is overheating
      why does the temp slimb up the not muving?
      easy no airflow is passing the raidiator
      once u get moving air passed by the rad
      so it coolllssssss
      yaaaayyyyy

its ur fans bro lat8r
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Cool Ill Check That Out This Weekend
        USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
        WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

Originally posted by imismyh0nda
          Well Yea When Im At A Drive Thru Or In Heavy Traffic My Engine Heats Up An Once I Start Movin It Goes Back Down Whats Wrong Wit It??? I Think I Mihgt Need A Thermostat?
          happens to me often ur low on water and only thing colling it down in air...ask prnonvtec4u he was with me when it happened also u might have air in ur line not a real big deal though just add some water

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
          disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

could be the thermostat stuck open... happened in my 3g. the car would only warm up if it was stationary, as soon as it got going, the thermostat would drop bottom.

if it is your thermostat (could be the fans also) then DO NOT use an aftermarket replacement. Get a honda one. unless you really want the extra experience from doing the job twice
            RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Are you overheating?

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

same thing happend to me. First stick to the cheapest fix. Check the water. Then if that doesn't help check out the fans. I had the same problem and i found that turning on the A/C would start my fan up.
                My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

Yea, it has to be ethier the fans or the thermostat. I had that exact same problem before.. It felt embarrasing too!. have you checked for leaks yet?
                  My Black "H"
                  AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

If its not overheating and warms up to normal temp when idling but cools down when moving = Stuck open Tstat or low coolant level

If its idling and overheating - Check coolant levels and fans.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

don't let it overheat. i can't stress this enough. the last thing you want is a blown headgasket from overheating.

the first thing i'd do is check the coolant level.

i'd also replace the thermostat anyway. it's like cheap insurance because the part only costs about $12.

let the car run for a while and see if the fans kick on. hopefully it's not one or both of the fans because they cost a bit more. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

One Of The Fans Are Broken I Started The Car An Only 1 Was Working It Got Really Hot But I Cut It Off An The Coolant Was Bubbling.. Imma Add Water An See What Happens Cause Its The First Time It Happened
                        USDM [H] PiMP

iP0P VTEC
                        WhiTE B0Y!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X