Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Violent front end shaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violent front end shaking

ok so tonight on my way home from the city my front end decides it wants to start shaking and actually bouncing violently under acceleration only... light or soft it really doesn't matter.
    so i'm thinking it's either my wheel bearing or my drive shaft. my cv boot has a tear in it i noticed when i got home and looked under the car.
    anyone have any ideas?

first off I would jack up the car, and reef on everything to see if anything is completely whacky, and then try rotating your tires, this will rule out if you have a tire/balance issue there.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

well the tire is brand new and installed only 2 days ago. and from looking at the tire the weights are still on the tire

Comment

well it could have a new tire defect, or the weights moved, or anythng. look im just giving you suggestions, to assume that its not the tires by saying they are brand new,well you could be throwing money at your car.

Comment

oh no i understand your trying to help me out with suggestions please dont take my responce the wrong way. i was just letting you know they were new and to my eye everything was there and fine thats all

Comment

sounds like an axle problem to me.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

what makes me wonder is that this problem started after you got new tires...anyway have a look around and yank on the cvs, if its as bad a vibration as u make it sound,should be easy to spot

Comment

well we can cross out it being the tires as i changed them with a different set and i'm still having the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                  sounds like an axle problem to me.
                  my friends 6th gen. had an axle problem 2. used 2 click everytime he turnd hahahah *CLICK..CLICK...CLICK*
                  DONT SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE

Comment

have your.... half shafts been replaced yet? yes, possibly axle problems perhapsably.

it's either...
                    -tires / wheels
                    -ball joints (upper, lower, steering arms thingies, any shot bushings)
                    -half shafts
                    -lugs nuts loose (oh noes! = new wheel)
                    -mythical creatures in your drivetrain somewhere (gremlins, unicorns, etc... )
                    Last edited by dph92lx; 11-18-2007, 03:00 AM.

Comment

well for those interested, turns out it was the drive axle. picked one up and had the old one out and new one in, in 3 hrs. not bad for never having done one before.
                      thanks to those that gave suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                      X