Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Clutch Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Help

I just did a a6 swap in car.... everything done except clutch isnt workin..i press the clutch down and it doesnt come up at all. Also when you push the clutch the clutch arm doesnt move at all?? Everything is hooked up What the hell?

yea i did post this in Technical aswell. i dont know if its a rule or not but i figured there might be people in here that could help.

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
    I just did a a6 swap in car.... everything done except clutch isnt workin..i press the clutch down and it doesnt come up at all. Also when you push the clutch the clutch arm doesnt move at all?? Everything is hooked up What the hell?

yea i did post this in Technical aswell. i dont know if its a rule or not but i figured there might be people in here that could help.
    my bro just had this problem. ill ask him how he fixed it. it has to do with the clutch fluild tho.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

bleed it out... and you have to pump that clutch.... A LOT for it to build up pressure.
      Fun with Paint... haha.

OHIO CB7's

Comment

check the clutch fluid, mines done that a few times
        Driving before toke:
        Driving after toke:

Promote friendly driving, Toke!

www.myspace.com/fzzy285

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
          bleed it out... and you have to pump that clutch.... A LOT for it to build up pressure.
          Exactly if there is no fluid or a lot of air in the system the fork will not move. You have to bleed it as previous people mentioned.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

if i did this and it still doing this what than....

Comment

Do it first then ask questions later.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71
                if i did this and it still doing this what than....
                the reason i ask is becasue we did bleed it and still has problem

Comment

You sure your bleeding it properly.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok i have done this 4 times wit engine swaps in cb7s. the way i do it is open the little valve on the front of the trans by the slave clyinder. 8mm wrench. fill the cluth fluid resivior full of fluid. get a buddy the watch the vavle you just opened and pump the clutch. pump it about 10- 100 times (depends on how much fluid is in the line already) and see if fluid is shooting out of the valve BUT MAKE SURE the fluid resivior stays full of fluid. its gonna spit a few times and start shooting out, and the resivour fluid will start droppin very fast. if fluid is squirtin out of the vavle and the fluid is dropping quick with the clutch pedal all the way out close the valve. fill the resiviour up and try the clutch. its a lil mess but works.

the rebuild!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

Originally posted by inferno1414
                      x2 when i changed my clutch i had to pump at least 20 times before i felt it goin any where, and then when i did feel it come up i still had to press down a few more times
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

ok guys thanks ..ill try again....

Comment

Did it work?
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

if all that bleeding doesn't work then there is a leak somewhere. those hydrolic hoses hold alot of pressure so is if works for a couple days then keeps goin out the slave cylinder is bad. they aren;t that much like 20 or 30 bucks. mine went out and would hold pressure for an hour. its two 12 or 14mm bolts that hold it on and is very easy to install.

the rebuild!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

im gonna try it today....the car is at the school auto shop..... yea the slave cylinder should be good but if not its cheap and easy...

Comment

Working...
                              X